Misses her food

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardiecalledCricket

Hatchling Member
Hi all -- it's been a while since I've posted here. I check back in to read, but nothing I had to post that wasn't already being said.

My BD's about two and a half years old now. She eats greens (one meal) and Phoenix Worms (two meals) everyday. She gets a chance every day to run outside of her home.

My question -- I've noticed the past couple of weeks -- Cricket (my BD's name) is missing her food. What I mean by this -- she'll dart her tongue out to eat the worms, and half the time she'll get the worm. But the other half of the time, she'll miss it. She has to do it two or three times before she finally gets it. Is this something to be concerned about? :( Is this a normal thing (altho' I don't see how as she never missed until recently) or is this a vision problem? or is it something else?

Thanks to all who reply and offer advice...

spyder79

Extreme Poster
i honestly am having a hard time figuring out what might be the problem.

What kind of lighting do you have (full rundown of all of it aka uv type name and brand, heating light, etc)?
What color is the calcium dust you use and does your beardie normally miss on calcium days?

Either your lighting isnt quite brite enough so the beardie is having a hard time seeing or perhaps you are feeding on a white surface maybe your beardie is having a hard time judging between the white animal and the white floor (that is if you have white substrate like white tiles or paper towels)

Just a though probably of no help at all but answer the lighting question and maybe take a pic of the tank all lit up maybe we can help some more. Sorry if this is unhelpful.

brian
Cryptic Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom