Might Have to Rehome Loki

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddragon087

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The unemployment rate in Missouri is high. Our major employers were the car making companies like ford/gm
makers and they went under, a lot of places have closed up, lot of people are losing their homes.

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Where do you live in missouri? I dont understand how one dragon can be so expensive to feed, it must be the reptiworms... I had Pablo when he was a baby and never spent that much on food. There has to be a cheaper way... if your dead set on rehoming I understand. But if your not, I would take time to think it through. If he JUST got laid off, he needs to go out there and look. I can't find a full time job in my field, so I supplement my income at westlake hardware where I make 1/3 the money my other job pays. You do what you have to. I'm just saying, I'd give it a month and see if its manageable. I'm sure people would be willing to help you. Are you in the KC area or other part of Missouri? If you got set up with a roach colony or something you would be fine, as greens are only a few bucks at Hy Vee. I'd just hate for you to rehome Loki, then find out a few days later you didnt have to after all. I know UVB bulbs add up, but for one dragon thats only 25$ every six months. I'd just sleep on it a few nights.

kimbasmom

Juvie Member
bambichik39":3hhcl3hd said:
Where do you live in missouri? I dont understand how one dragon can be so expensive to feed, it must be the reptiworms... I had Pablo when he was a baby and never spent that much on food. There has to be a cheaper way... if your dead set on rehoming I understand. But if your not, I would take time to think it through. If he JUST got laid off, he needs to go out there and look. I can't find a full time job in my field, so I supplement my income at westlake hardware where I make 1/3 the money my other job pays. You do what you have to. I'm just saying, I'd give it a month and see if its manageable. I'm sure people would be willing to help you. Are you in the KC area or other part of Missouri? If you got set up with a roach colony or something you would be fine, as greens are only a few bucks at Hy Vee. I'd just hate for you to rehome Loki, then find out a few days later you didnt have to after all. I know UVB bulbs add up, but for one dragon thats only 25$ every six months. I'd just sleep on it a few nights.

I second this. Also maybe instead of a permanent re-homing maybe a foster situation?

reddragon087

Juvie Member
Original Poster
bambichik39":1mhvc99g said:

Its not the reptiworms, its the roaches and the crickets that are killing me thats why I went back to reptiworms. I got some good advice and decided otherwise and am trying to come up with other solutions and see what I can do.

bambichik39

Juvie Member
I was just curious where you were located as there are a few of us in KC that all keep in touch, and I know I'd help one of them out if need be if I could.

reddragon087

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I am about 13 miles away from downtown Saint Louis, KC is about a good 4-5 hour drive from me but thank you
for the help. I recently bought a cooler off craigslist so I could go with reptiworms, Loki loved those but when they
ran out of stock I had no choice but to find something else. The roaches I think I will be buying elsewhere and hopefully
get a better arrival time, thats why I have been buying crickets from Petsmart because my order usually seems to take
atleast anywhere from 2-7 days to get to me. I'm going to be doing some researching around and see what I can come
up with. He does ok on crickets but he tends to get tired of them real fast, and the only thing I don't like about them
is the noise, its hard to keep them quiet and they tend to keep my kids up cause the noise travels through the vents.

pyffersnpaws

Juvie Member
Just a quick note on the roaches.... the best prices I have found for them are from JDROACHES he has a posting under "for sale" check him out... and he ships pretty quickly...easy to deal with. Good luck, and if you do decide to keep him, might want to consider starting a colony of the roaches to sustain you and in the end won't cost as much. They are easier than the crickets as there is no noise and they don't jump or climb. Just an idea... Good luck, breaks my heart to think that you might have to relocate him, especially since it seems that he has a good mommy.

best of luck, Lisa

BonesMommy1011

Hatchling Member
Have you tried drfostersmith.com? They are pretty cheap for crickets and I know most will arrive alive. I ordered some reptiworms for bones(my bd) the other day for 300 small (bones is still a juvi) for 9.99 and a flat shipping rate of 4.99. They ship in 2-3 business days. Should arrive soon! I'm sorry if this is too late. I read the first page then posted this. I gotta get ready for work:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom