Midwest States, Poor Beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah :( :( :( Poor guy! At least it sounds like the owner has his best interests in mind, and he's under UVB and is getting medical attention.

This guy was up in a previous ad that had a phone number; I sent the lady a text a couple days ago and told her she could post her dragon on the For Free section here because the site is full of dragon lovers and he'd go to a good home. I haven't seen anything in For Free yet though.

Also. Does anyone know what the yellow & black discolorations on his tail are? It doesn't quite look normal, but I'm also not an expert lol. (just curious. I can't have any more dragons at my house either or I'd be making arrangements to adopt him! :( )

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I've been trying to convince my boyfriend to adopt this second beardie into his home.

We were trying to guess also but our best guess was that he had a light fixture possibly drop on him and burn him? We have absolutely no idea what a dragon burn looks like but maybe it's even yellow fungus? My heart breaks everytime I see his pictures. He's not skinny so that's good but it's just weird that he's complaining about impaction from superworms when there's sand...

If Bandit wasn't cleaning my wallet out with vet bills right now, I'm sure I would've been able to talk my mom into getting him but she's quite upset at me as it is, since all my money is trying to fight off a bunch of parasites.

Makes me so sad :cry:

Edit: Went back on craigslist, why? I don't know, I'm not a very smart person but this one looks like it's in way worse of a shape. Poor guy. It's in a rodent cage... Seriously?
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/for/3401137406.html

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Seriously a rodent cage. Did they not do ANY research before they got that dragon? :shock: That poor thing!!
Ugh I just want to take them ALL home and give them salad and bugs and love!! (and probably expensive vet visits too lol, my wallet wouldn't appreciate that part). Luckily when I have my own place I can fill it up with dragons if I want, but who knows when that'll be :?

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lol I'm still thinking of ways to sneak one of them into my home without my mother seeing or Bandit knowing since she's a jealous little monster. If my colony decided to grow a little faster I'd be good with food forever but they're taking so long. Poor guys :(

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
ohsmileb":3kwtnea7 said:
she's a jealous little monster.
And Brick (our male) is a jealous big monster, lol! He acts like he hates attention, but back when both dragons were in the same house he would black beard and pitch a fit when we paid attention to our female. :shock: He also sulks while I'm at work, according to my sister.

Speaking of family and holidays and such... I'd totally be okay with it if the only thing I got for Christmas was permission to have another dragon at my house... *plots*

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Do you know of any reptile organizations out here by Chicago? My boyfriend and I discussed the cage one, we'd be willing to try to buy him off that guy and leave him at someplace he could be cared for

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
I do know of a couple actually :) I haven't had contact with anyone from Friends of Scales, but they seem like a good group of people- http://friendsofscales.webs.com/ they're an Illinois/Chicagoland group
And I don't know if Reptile Rescuers of the US has anyone in the Midwest (they're mainly in CA/FL/NY/New England area), but you could ask if they have any foster homes around us. I've chatted a bit with them in their FB group. Definitely a good bunch of people! They're going through a few management changes right now though but I believe they're still helping critters- http://www.reptile-rescue.us/
Good luck!! <3 <3

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh no! I was finally able to convince my boyfriend to take the first one but the guy deleted his posting! You wouldn't happen to have their number would you?

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Eek! Both of the links are up for me, but luckily the number for the special needs dragon is still in my phone- (630) 240.4155

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
That's odd, I tried getting on that posting last night on my phone (I was trying to convince an employee of mine to take it before my boyfriend said yes lol) and it said it was Deleted by Author or whatever craigslists things say. But it works, I sent that guy an email waiting to hear back :)

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
I seriously hate Craigslist. I always mean to look for decently-priced tank upgrades (and usually do), but often end up looking at dragons too, and finding ones whose pictures break my heart........ http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/for/3427771484.html. Not the worst I've seen on these boards, but he's definitely not in top shape. :(

If I was allowed to have any more pets then this poor darling would be in my care already, getting plenty of love and food and water and UVB and warmth. And a vet visit(s). And a larger viv too. But alas, I'm at maximum pet capacity! :? :(

I felt bad starting a new thread, so thought I'd just add to this one! This is sorta Chicagoland-ish. Grand Rapids, MI is about a 3 hour drive from Chicago.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lol, it's okay. I'll change the topic name for you. Poor guy! :(
I don't get it, does he not notice that that's not what a dragon is supposed to look like?!
"He must be handled regularly (as with most pets) and can be fed fruit (no avocados), vegetables, crickets, meal worms, etc. More information can be found online." Wow, he just got me mad and for $150....

The guy never got back to me about the burnt one so I'm hoping it was given to a good home...

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
ohsmileb":mlo4vq6n said:
Lol, it's okay. I'll change the topic name for you. Poor guy! :(
I don't get it, does he not notice that that's not what a dragon is supposed to look like?!

The guy never got back to me about the burnt one so I'm hoping it was given to a good home...

Aw, I'm hoping the poor burnt beardie went to a good home too! I'm thinkin the words Special Needs in the title & description would hopefully be enough to scare away inexperienced or sketchy people though. :)
And hehe, thanks for the title change! :p I figured it can kind of count as Chicagoland anyways. Or maybe "Chicagoland + some driving"? lol.

Also-
ohsmileb":mlo4vq6n said:
I was thinking the exact same thing. Wtf?!? Poor beardie. :( People nauseate me. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom