Midget Beardys?? Or a Agama??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
So this petstore thats in my area I go to for basically only roaches. There a independent store that opened a year ago, & they found someone whos very good with Reptiles & gave the girl a job & she breeds roaches (shes the reason I got into them). First time I went there about two months ago they had what looked like 2 hatchling baby beardys. I was asking about them because even for hatchlings they looked small. She said that a lady dropped them off didn't want them anymore saying that they WERE A YEAR OLD & to small. Now were talking that they were 4inches from Head-End of tail!! We all couldn't explain how that was possible. We figured either they were not taken care of what so ever but just fought threw it & lived, orrr the lady was a ***** & they were actually a month old not a year. So we figured as time would go on we would see them grow to nice healthy big beardys. Well now its been two months sense that day, and there still that size, maybe a few grams bigger but thats it!! I went there this morning & she said that there probably a type of Agamas. Now I no Agamas, they look JUST like beardys, but there colors are different & they don't have the spots beardys have. But this two little things have the same colors as regular beardys & the spots/shoulder pads. Now I know there is a very different types of beardys, & i believe there is a type that only grows about 10inches. So I'm thinking there that type of a Beardy, but midgets??? lmao I dont know! Could there be a such thing as midget beardys? Or possibly the ones that grow to only 10inches grow very slowly, I'm not sure, I wanted everyones input on this.
They are literally * * that big about. I've seen them alot past two months and nothing has chanced & she takes very good care of them.

koilover512

Hatchling Member
That is sad. There is a girl I know that has the same issue with her dragon. It never really grew. I have never seen the housing she has for the beardie but I think a lot of the issues with the sizing of beardies is they are not house is an adequate size tank/terrarium/vivarium. I also believe that if the beardie is not giving the proper nutrition that it will affect their growth. The girl I know feeds hers lettuce for is stable. There is NO nutritional value in it. It would be like feeding it green chewy water. :banghead: People are misinformed on how to take care of reptiles. And some people just cant be helped. :angry5:

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I thought about the Rankins but they grow alittle bit. These two have been 4inches for past 3months. Grant it she doesnt really have them in a stable environment at the moment either but I'm not sure, I mean she feeds them but the tank she has is NOT good for them & now that you said that I'm going to say something when I go there. I wish I can afford to take them :( . Wow yea lettus is not a good stable. You should tell her that.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Could you get a picture and post it up for us?

I would say its more likely that the lady is lying about the age if they are really beardies. Improper care would stunt growth, but a year and only 4 inches wouldn't very likely happen.

-Brandon

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I could most likely take a pic, problem is if I was able to post pic I would of posted soo many by now lol. I don't have a photobucket account which I think thats what you need for here. I can take pic & email it anyone that wishes.
The lady who has them now is literally keeping them in a box that's as big as the comment box that we use. She says she is doing it for there close to the lamp & I forgot why else. I'm not sure if there kept in there all day long or maybe they move them there in the morning because I go there from 9am-11am. She does keep a good eye on them but thats just what she tells us, I honestly think they keep a better eye on the feeders they sell the them.... But they do and adoption thing so.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can use any photosharing site, whether it be photobucket or imgur.

With imgur you don't need an account, you can just upload the picture and paste the img code here.

You could even do it through facebook if the pictures are on your facebook. Just right click copy image location and paste it in between the img brackets.

-Brandon

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
The image didn't work. It brought me to a page unavailable. I do have a Facebook and stuffs. That is weird though. Mabye a freak mutation or something made them small.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
THere we go I think that worked. Thats not the 2 guys Im talking about thats my Beardy King eating a Roach lol, hard for me get good colors with my phone so I really liked that pic.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That was one of the first time for roaches for him. Was to big but he was able to gobble it down. Yea hes gorgeous really nice colors. Wish I new exactly what kind of dragon he is. He was a Pastel from Petco. My buddy who works there said he has way to nice of colors to be a normal but idk. Kind of looks like a Fire orange n brown with blue/grey bars. I also have a female from there to but different blood lines & she looks just like a normal. Heres picture of them together. This was day 1 of bringing King home (we had princess for a month) & there both in separate 40gallon breeders now. This was 2months ago I think.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/411_438224866260059_1697953454_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom