Microscope Stills of Ziggy's shed skin (new micropix of T's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Hi guys, I thought you would love to see few microscope stills of beardie shed so I decided to share them with you all. :blob5: :blob5:
I hope you like them, and I would love to hear your comments on it. :oops:

Enough of babbling, on to the pics:

Ziggy's shed 10x magnification
pvitticeps-shed-10x.jpg

60x magnification, back-lighted
pvitticeps-shed-bcklght.jpg

60x magnification, light from above
pogona-vitticeps-shed-20.jpg

Maybe some of you would love to see tarantulas molt too :mrgreen:
Here are some:

Heteroscodra maculata spermathecae (female), 60x magnification, back-lighted
h-maculata-spermatecae-6.jpg

Heteroscodra maculata spermathecae (female), 60x magnification, light from above
hmac-spermatecae1-60x.jpg

Heteroscodra maculata tarsus (front leg), 60x magnification
hmac-tarsus-60x.jpg

Heteroscodra maculata fang, 200x magnification
hmac-fang-200x.jpg

Thanks for checking it out, it's appreciated! :notworthy:

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
wow thats amazing!! Thanks for sharing. This may sound like a naive question :oops: but why does the front leg seem hairy?? :D

AWDVette

thats pretty awsome. you should do more. like beardie feet and stuff.(claws) I dont know. whaatever will show up with the light.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
catUK":1jytfd2p said:
wow thats amazing!! Thanks for sharing. This may sound like a naive question :oops: but why does the front leg seem hairy?? :D

Thanks Cat :blob5: All tarantula's legs are hairy :D That's how they sense their surroundings and taste potential food items. :)

TASTIGER":1jytfd2p said:
too cool!!

Thanks! :mrgreen:

AWDVette":1jytfd2p said:
thats pretty awsome. you should do more. like beardie feet and stuff.(claws) I dont know. whaatever will show up with the light.

Thanks AWDVette, I will do more micro stills soon, but I doubt my beardie would be still long enough to take a pic of her claws under the scope. But I will try it and we'll see. :)

Thanks everybody, your comments are much appreciated, now that I know you all like these micro-stills I'll post some more soon. :notworthy:

mrstuart75

Hatchling Member
I LOVED these pics!!! I've often wondered what they would exactly look like under a microscope!! Now I know!! Do you work in a lab or just have one on hand at your house? LOL let me know! I'd love to have a microscope!!!!

moremoremore! the trantula slides were cool as well! :) thanks for sharing!!!
~Melanie

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
That's so cool! :D What part of the body was that shed from? Have you checked any other bits of skin to see if they look different?

...Amazing. :D

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
mrstuart75":3js7yy52 said:
I LOVED these pics!!! I've often wondered what they would exactly look like under a microscope!! Now I know!! Do you work in a lab or just have one on hand at your house? LOL let me know! I'd love to have a microscope!!!!

moremoremore! the trantula slides were cool as well! :) thanks for sharing!!!
~Melanie

Thanks :) I just have microscope at home :) I need it for sexing little T's (tarantulas). I'll be sure to post more in the future than. :blob5:

Jamiedog":3js7yy52 said:
That's so cool! :D What part of the body was that shed from? Have you checked any other bits of skin to see if they look different?

...Amazing. :D

I thought so too :mrgreen: That skin was from the back (beardies "armor"). They do look different, skin from belly is very thin and is translucent so there not much to see, maybe if I would use dye...

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
You could probably actually make some really pretty pictures by using a little colored dye and messing with the lights shining on it. :wink: Interesting that for all their sharp points in appearance, they look pretty rounded and soft under a microscope. Just like a beardie, isn't it? All spiky and scary, but we know they're big softies on the inside.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Jamiedog":20sish8x said:
You could probably actually make some really pretty pictures by using a little colored dye and messing with the lights shining on it. :wink: Interesting that for all their sharp points in appearance, they look pretty rounded and soft under a microscope. Just like a beardie, isn't it? All spiky and scary, but we know they're big softies on the inside.

Hehe you're right, it does look that way. :mrgreen: I'll try some dyed tummy shed then at the first chance. :)

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Atrax":ak7xgt9p said:
catUK":ak7xgt9p said:

Thanks Cat :blob5: All tarantula's legs are hairy :D That's how they sense their surroundings and taste potential food items. :)

whoops i thought it was a beardies front leg not a tarantula :shock: . In all fairness it was 2am when i looked at this post and i was fairly tired. Im off work for the easter holidays (nice break from teaching) and seem to have left my brain at work lol. Sorry for the confusion

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
catUK":1gxcp0rw said:
Atrax":1gxcp0rw said:
catUK":1gxcp0rw said:

whoops i thought it was a beardies front leg not a tarantula :shock: . In all fairness it was 2am when i looked at this post and i was fairly tired. Im off work for the easter holidays (nice break from teaching) and seem to have left my brain at work lol. Sorry for the confusion

Hehe, no need to apologize, I hope you'll recharge your "batteries" while you're not working. :)

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I was wondering if you'd like to see a microscope video of tarantulas "pressure sensor".
"Owner" of that leg in the video is Pterinochilus murinus :mrgreen:
Read the video description for further information. :study: :study: :study:
http://youtu.be/pYyTYj9PqUY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeenaD11
Top Bottom