Mey's first "big swim"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mey is a rescue beardie that I've had for a little over a week now, she is such a beautiful character! Well obviously her previous owners never bathed her because the first time I put her in water she completely freaked out so I've been bathing her in the sink with very little water as to not freak her out as much. She's gotten calm with it so tonight I decided to put her in the tub. She absolutely loved it, it took her a minute to get swimming down, at first she kept big stepping and splashing water everywhere then she started swimming. Well I knew she wasn't ready to get out but it was that time so I took her out and put her on her basking spot then went back to the tub to scrub it so I could bathe my next beardie. I started hearing a lot of scratching noises and walked back to the room to see which one was making all the noise. Mey was belly down on the bottom of her viv "swimming"! lol She scooted around her basking log three times on her belly in a swimming motion before finally giving up on the paper turning into water and went back to her basking spot! Needless to say, Mey has now been upgraded to the tub from here on out! Silly, adorable beardies!

Linziehonn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She is full of personality. I discovered the other day she is not a biter, but a swatter, just like a cat. She doesn't drink from the bath and eats very few greens so I thought I'd give her some water from a dropper. I came at her with it and she instantly started swatting, knocked it right out of my hand. She does the same thing if one of the worms I hand feed her touches her face by accident before she can eat it.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Hahaha I'd love to see her swatting at things. I'm sorry but it just sounds so cute. If something touches Frank's tail and he can't see it, he whips his tail up and down. I've seen crickets flung across his enclosure. It's so funny..

-Kaleen

Linziehonn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
lol that's so cute! They just do the cutest things!! One of mine is pretty lazy and he mostly just lays around, but Mey the female, she is into everything and always has me laughing! I'll have to try to get a video of the swatting!! I bet it's hilarious when he slings crickets!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom