Megaray UVB question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

Juvie Member
I am looking at a new habitat for my monitor..

but the light set up is a bit weird, more for regular bulbs.. The megaray has the one end where the UVB comes out with full force..
That would be pointing towards teh sidewalls not down.. I would have to get new sockets and rewire it which I would prefer not to..

How much UVB would I loose?

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
MVB bulbs need to be mounted straight up and down, or as close to it as possible. They will burn out prematurely if they are tilted at extreme angles. Lastly they are very directional with their UV emissions, so the bulb mounted at a 90 degree angle like you described would be next to worthless as a UV or a heat source.

Monkey

Juvie Member
Original Poster
argh thank you.. I was worried about that.. I will be able to redo it though.. All I have to do is basically drill two holes and screw it on straight instead of in a laying down position so.. cant be that hard..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom