Mega Ray MVB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGSAME

Hatchling Member
My setup is 36x18x16 and I have purchased a Mega Ray MVB bulb. After reading around I have found some say that is not enough height. I spoke with Bob from Reptileuv who makes the bulb and he said min distance in 12' to 10'. Will it be ok at this distance? What do you think?

RedInkAus

Hatchling Member
I think the issue may not be the minimum distance from the light source the the amount of heat MVBs produce in a short enclosure. You definitely clear the minimum distance but i would keep an eye out on the temps with a shorter tank.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Yes, you can. I was talking to Bob (the one who makes the megaray) and he told me about a stand. I found one at Petmountain.com for about $20. They have a 10% off sale right now which drops the price to about $18. It goes up to $36 inches tall which I just figured out will work with my 40 breeder tank.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I have my MegaRay, but my shipment from petmountain won't be here til tomorrow. I am so stoked. I have a deep dome fixture and a stand in my order too! It all sounded like the best way to set it up to me. Plus it will be nice to not have to move everything to open the enclosure!
Come on UPS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom