Mega Ray MVB lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinG

Hi everyone,

I just purchased the Mega Ray and when I got it I realized it wont work in the clamp lamp I was using. I dont want to use a stand for it, I would rather just purchase a new dome lamp that I can set on the top of his cage. Ive looked at them, and I cant tell if any of them are deep enough to allow me to do that. Does anyone know which one will work for sure? I dont want to order then have to send it back.

thanks!

annieoakley123

Sub-Adult Member
Yup! deep dome from zoo med is what I use for both my megaray and trex mvb. I really suggest getting the large zoo med stand too, helps out soooooo much!!! especially since you have to adjust heights as it breaks in (usually have to raise it after a few days) and also to satisfy the 12 inch minimum distance from your beardie. heres my set up with the deep dome and the stands.
IMG_1921.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
We went to Home Depot and got a dome clamp lamp for about $12 or $13 that is a ceramic holder and is rated for 300 watts. When we got ours last fall, the man that helped is knew what we wanted it for as a lot of people were looking for them for extra heat for their beardies, it was a cold snap in our area during the winter.

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom