**Mega Ray Issues** / Megaray RECALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

pm0084

Just emailed the folks at megaray and already got a quick reply...looks like the issue will be resolved :blob5: :blob8:
Just as a side note as to what has been said here already, this will be my 2nd return due to this issue and each time my issue has been resloved quick :blob5: :blob8: (good company to buy from IMO)
Another thing I noticed was my beardie took about 1-3 days depending on how long the bulb was on for, to recover fully (from eye closing)

pm0084

I have one concern....that should be in the feeding forum, but since it somewhat ties in I will post it here.

I feed my beardie a primary staple of phoenix worms...will the high calcium content have adverse effects with no UVB for awhile (till I get the new bulb)????

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No, for that short amount of time, it should be fine. Just do not dust the phoenix worms since they are already calcium loaded.
When will your new bulb be on its way, next week?

Tracie

pm0084

I think it sounds like next week sometime for the bulb...I am not in an extreme rush or worry (last time it was only a matter of a few days to get the new bulb) I was just interested if I should switch food. I was unsure if I could overload on calcium with the worms and no UVB. I was feeding crickets last time, I was without a bulb.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
yummiyoshi... I looked at your pics and your beardies eyes look very normal, as far as how they protrude or stick out. I do believe she may just need a little more time for her eyes to recover from the mvb. She is a beautiful dragon :D

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Alyssa! I just went back and looked at the pics again. It does look as though the left eye could be a bit swollen. In other posts that I have read I recall some beardies having one eye more affected then the other. I still think yummiyoshi, that your beardie just needs more time to recover. Keep us updated on her eyes and how she is doing.

JMWolff12

Yummiyoshi, I will be watching for updates as well, and my contact information is in an earlier post so if you would like to contact me directly you are welcome to. I am sure everything will be fine, but I want to know the end result, for my own peace of mind.

John Wolff

yummiyoshi

beardieluv":62d48 said:
The one one the left looks a little swollen on the second picture, but that could just be me.

yes that is what i've noticed too. Her left eye is the one with the problem. I tried to give her a bath with some aloe vera to help soothe her eye. Her appetite has decreased and does not want to eat. Should i be worried?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
John, thank you so much for posting all this info on our forum and for being upfront with the issues. It's great that your company is standing behind your product, that means a lot to all of us reptile owners.

I wanted to ask a question, is it possible that bulbs that were purchased earlier than October could have caused some problems? The reason I ask is because I had purchased one last summer and noticed that my beardie was avoiding the basking site almost the entire day, she would only go under it first thing in the morning to warm up. Her eyes didn't look happy, her appetite decreased as well as her activity level. I did have the bulb sent back to your company to be tested but when it was returned to me, I only received a paper with the temps listed that were checked 3 different days but no info about the UVB output being tested. I still have the bulb and have not reused it but just wanted to get any input that you could share to find out if any issues could have started earlier than October. Thanks for your time and for helping us all out so much.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
I'm wondering too. Charlie hasn't eaten any live feeders since friday. Even if he refuses crickets and worms, he would NEVER refuse a dubia. And he has been. His eyes are still closed a lot. I'm not really seeing any improvement yet and i've had the light off since thursday night. he also seems lethargic somewhat. I'll look into his tank and it is laying flat down on his log, not even holding his head up, at least one eye closed if not both. I wasn't worried until today when he still rejected food. And he is just really inactive today. :/

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Alyssa if you just stopped using the bulb it will take a few days.I would allow at least 3-4 days with no UVB to give time for them to heal.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah, I still haven't received the bulb yet so I have no choice but for no UVB :( Tomorrow will be the 4th day without lights. If he is still acting like that & I get the bulb tom., should I turn the light on anyways?

linebar

Ok well i just emailed them my baby always has his eyes closed and is not active at all, just sits all day. i am now using a house bulb an waiting for a email from them.
Thank you for posting all this info!

- Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adhdogtraining
Top Bottom