**Mega Ray Issues** / Megaray RECALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks John, all of your work is appreciated. I just ordered 2 new 100watt SB Megarays today, so, hopefully we will get the newer models now, perhaps? :mrgreen:

Tracie

JMWolff12

Tracie, preliminary tests I did today on my current stock showed them to be putting out great and safe UV. I actually have them burning for 72 hours over the weekend, so that I can double check on Monday when i go in. Thank you so much for standing by us and letting us fix this.

John

Backlash

Hatchling Member
Unfortunatly i had recieved a bad bulb as my first MVB, I had ordered mine back in december and had noticed within 3 days that saphiras eyes were closed alot. Until last week i had just turned my reptisun back on and noticed an improvement and her activity levels went back to normal.

On tuesday or wednesday i contacted ReptileUV and John was very prompt at getting back to me and shipping a new bulb to me the next morning. I am very impressed with the customer service and i definetly will not hold this one bad experience against them. Like others have said, every company comes across times where things go wrong, its the way they deal with the situation that shows how great of a company they are. In this case ReptileUV has shown to be an extremely great company.

Once again, Thank you John and everyone at ReptileUV.

--Sean

foto69man

Hatchling Member
I actually just got done emailing John, and he is awesome at getting in touch with you fast and putting things straight...I appreciate it!!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
I for one and quite pleased and not a bit surprised at the response and care of this situation by John and everyone else at this company... John, I'll be ordering 3 more Megas in a month ;)
Janie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello John,

Great, thanks, I appreciate it! I have been using Megarays now for quite awhile. I am very happy with them & don't intend to switch to any other brand. This just goes to show how dedicated you are to the reptiles out there. Thanks for helping everyone out during this time.
Thanks for checking on that for me. :D

Tracie

Delshara

Hatchling Member
I just got Nero's replacement Megaray, another 100W SB. There's no frosting on the glass, so I' think this is a bulb from the newer stock. :blob5:

JMWolff12

Just a heads up for everyone, if you received a bulb that has no additional frosting on it, then it is most likely from the good stock. However, to be on the safe side, PLEASE monitor your pet closely. There is no point in taking unnecessary risks with these members of your family, and I would much rather we all err on the side of caution.

John Wolff

yummiyoshi

Hi everyone,
I recently installed a 100watt SB mega-ray and noticed that my BD become less active and experiencing a loss of appetite. She also closes her eyes from time to time. I called John at reptileuv and was notified of this recall. I immediately removed the bulb as instructed by John and am currently using my previous setup: reptisun 10.0 linear tube, 100 watt sun glo daylight lamp (exo terra) and a 75 watt halogen. My BD is frequently closing one eye but the other is wide open and alert. I've noticed that she puffs her eyes when she closes it. I'm very concerned. What should i do?

Backlash

Hatchling Member
If you just recently took out the faulty bulb, it may just be some lingering affects. It will take a little bit for everything to return to normal. Luckily i noticed the problem in my little girl very quickly, so she returned to normal almost as soon as i took out the bulb.

Id say give it a couple days, if it continues then it might be something to bring up to your vet.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
yummiyoshi... it could very well be that your beardies eye just needs a few days to return to normal.
Is your beardie shedding around it's eyes, by any chance? If so, they do tend to roll or protrude their eyes to loosen the shed. This is what we call eye-bulging.

yummiyoshi

yes i have noticed the rolling and protruding. But what is concerning me is that she opens her eye but then immediately shuts it. Looking from an aerial view, the closed eye looks like it bulges out a little. Is this normal because of her eye lid? Thanks for your input.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yes, the beardies eyes do protrude out somewhat normally. If you would like to post a pic of your beardies eyes, we could look at them and let you know if it is a normal protrusion. As mentioned earlier, it could take a few days before you see a difference in your beardies eyes, from the use of the MegaRay.

pm0084

I bought my first megaray in early Dec. and had the eye issues, I sent the bulb back with no issues and by mid Dec. had a new bulb....this time I put it about 22" from his basking spot since he still closed his eyes some. My coating peeled off within a few days burning....I thought this was normal? I must be wrong after reading these post....I hope they have no issues doing another return for me :?: I have been leaving it on and off everyother day also, to combat the issue. I thought that since my beardie was a baby about 6" now he was more sensitive to the light....I will call in the morning.

JMWolff12

Hello all,

As Frances Baines mentioned in an earlier post, recovery time can take a few days in some instances. This varies from animal to animal, and will also be affected by time under the lamp. To reassure everyone, I don't care if we have swapped bulbs with you 15 times, if your having an issue that was caused by us, we are going to fix it. Last but not least, everyone is still welcome to call, but email really and truly is the best way to contact me, especially given the current circumstances. The phone stays in the office, but I can and do check emails from home on my days off, and will continue to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom