Meet Starling, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Hi everyone, I wanted to introduce my newest dragon, Starling. She's named after Agent Clarice Starling, of course ;)

I have been a long time member but don't post often outside of my thread in the Beardie Tales section. Just a couple weeks ago I lost my precious girl Scully. It was devastating and unexpected, and it's going to take a long long time for me to get over her sudden passing. I didn't think I'd be ready for a new beardie so soon, but not having another girl in the house was hard, I always had my dynamic duo of Scully and Daedalus. So I did some searching, and ended back at the same breeder I got Scully from. She didn't have any babies but many gorgeous sub adults. I did some thinking and decided a larger beardie would be better, as we have new kittens who are used to having a large dragon running around the house, but I'd worry about a small one.

So she arrived this morning, safe and sound. She's very sweet, but she did gape once or twice once I got her into her tank, until I offered her a small horn worm and she ate it right off my finger :) I think she'll fit in nicely with our crew.

3b6806ed-f7d2-452e-a9a6-bd53b576d05a_zpsu5rorxzu.jpg

And feel free to stop in and say hi in my thread. I have 2 other dragons, 2 kittens, and a boxer, so there is always something fun going on at our house :) viewtopic.php?f=49&t=144784&start=780

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She's a very nice looking leatherback! Hopefully she'll settle in quickly and be a happy companion for years to come =)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She's gorgeous ! :) Tamara at Rainbow has some great looking healthy dragons.....you got a real beauty, I'm glad for you.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks you two ;) Yes Tamara always has lovely dragons, she's made a lifetime customer out of me, haha.

Settling seems to be going well, we had some cuddle time last night, this morning she had more of an appetite and ate 2 small horns and chased some repti's that I scattered on the floor of her tank. She really is a sweet girl :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom