Meet Spyro

Status
Not open for further replies.
i joined beardeddragon.org almostish 2 months ago, when i got my beardie Spyro and i never introduced ourselves! :oops:
better late than never i always say.

anyways, Spyro hatched on March 7th 2010 by my friend who breeds beardies and other reptiles (well she did until she hit finacial issues), i aquired him around the beginning of september at a bargain price for an 18 month old beardie, and i got aload of cheap equipment with him.
Spyro is 19 months old now, and i measured him with a ruler and he is between 16 and 17 inches, and weighs about 210-230grams on the metric scales (dont have digital ones yet) i was suprised by how 'light' he is, but he has a nice chunky tail and legs/arms, his belly is well rounded.
he lives in a 3ft viv, his bulb is a 75 watt relfector one, and his basking temp is between 39-42 degrees, the hotside is between 35-39 degrees, and the cool side is between 30-35 all depends on the time of day. his uvb came with him and i have no idea what make it is other than being a 10.0, but for xmas i am going to buy him the Arcadia D3 12% one. his substrate is lino, he has a large hide with a blankie, i made him a basking log out of some timber (i disinfected it with hot water and 10% bleach first), he has his food and water bowl in the cool side. ive yet to see him drink out of it. he has plenty of things to climb on
i feed him salad and veggies everyday consisting of: rocket/spring greens/kale/dandelion greens for the greeny bits, and i use frozen veg which are: sweetcorn, green beans, peas, green + yellow + red peppers, sweet corn, and carrots. he doesnt eat the carrots anyways, so i just leave them in, instead of taking them out. i dust his salad with Ca supplement 3 times a week. occasional treats are plums, bananas, apples and grapes.

i feed him live food 3 times a week. currently hes eating 6- 10 large adult crickets, although we do have dubias but were waiting for them to mature and to start breeding before we feed them to him. he loves locusts, but as we have a cricket colony he doesnt often get them.

spyro is bathed once a week, id bath him more but he isnt that keen on them, so i limit it to once a week.
he has a very funny personality, he likes to dominate everything he sees, and goes crazy when he spots the lady dragon :roll:
he has a bright orange ginger beard :wink: , and his brand is Sandfire. and were both from the UK, so i wont understand fahrenheit :p

picture time!!
e5ae403d-3e5f-4f7c-a39a-9be049a8864c.jpg

in the garden when it was sunny. natural uvb is better than artificial i think
c3b0917b-c094-45b4-a3da-36312a41743f.jpg

his viv, i removed a log to give him more floor space
c381abc5-ee42-4a33-b0c2-6e53b489bb98.jpg

laughing? i think
3a07a384-fd91-4bae-a64e-c194ad4fad99-1.jpg

'this is my viv'
309606_10150333867812570_636627569_7991463_199441920_n.jpg

everyone loves his sexy legs

so yeah... hey everyone :D

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Not to be a pest, but is it safe for the bulbs to be in the viv? Aren't they supposed to be above a screen lid? I've looked at a lot of vivs, but yours is the first one I've seen with the bulbs just hanging... Unless I'm looking at the picture wrong, which may be the case.

TeethandClaws

Original Poster
no, its in the viv. i seem quite alot of vivs with the heatbulb in the viv. hes not attacked it yet, and i am looking for a heat guard for it (very hard to find one which will fit)

TeethandClaws

Original Poster
lol, he is such a poser.

caught him playing on call of duty today
4c5f6874-2cc0-4625-a61c-d6ea2273d5d6.jpg

i gave him his first ever waxworm today. he licked it for half an hour straight before eating the poor bugger XD

TeethandClaws

Original Poster
i rehomed/rescued a gecko yesterday after his previous owners dumped him off at my local exotics shop.
ive named him Axel, hes abbout 8 and a half inches long and weighs 57 grams, which puts him in the 8+ months range. ive posted arounf on RFUK, and they think he's a tremper albino.
this is the big guy
66a8ab6e-06b2-47a1-b076-7c13f8454c17.jpg

204d3b6b-4dea-4eac-9b94-62c311ea72a9.jpg

this is what he was living in.

9cac8767-0b45-4b68-9ded-946d31028d9f.jpg

hes now temporarily living in this 32l rub, until a brand new viv, heatmat, and mat stat arrives. there is a heat mat under the rub, but it isnt very good, hence im getting a new one.

i also weighed and measured Spyro. hes 17/18 inches long and weighs 251 grams. but he looks healthy enough to me. i think i just have a small dragon tbh.
0c7e627c-c2b4-41df-9aed-8613b0b41b89.jpg

this is Spyro on his 'honeymoon' with his woman Smaug. can you tell which is which though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom