MEET MY NEW BABY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
87623-940173744.jpg
87623-1253006757.jpg

this is my new beardie!! I just got him today at a ReptiCon show, and I'm super excited!! His mom is a beautiful citrus leatherback and his dad is a beautiful red. The person had too many so she I got him for $60!!!! He is really calm and sweet, although I'm going to wait a few days before handling him. I also just finished his terrarium yesterday :D (And does anyone have any good name suggestions??)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
He looks like he is capable of causing a great deal of trouble.... I'd say, Gizmo or Chaos, lol!

He's gonna be beautiful, he's already stunning!

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He seems to be very stressed out (he has constant stress marks so far), but I'm not concerned as I have heard this is normal. What is the normal time it takes of a baby to adjust from relocation stress? I am really happy because so far he has eaten a little (6 or so dubias and a little piece of collard green). Also, does anyone have any good tips for bonding? he was held a lot when he was a baby and doesn't seem too freaked out with it- then again, I haven't handled him almost at all. :D

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
GOOD NEWS!! Today he ate about 15 small dubia!!! Considering he ate almost nothing the last two days, I am very happy!!! :D :D :D :D

Spunky

wooooohoooooo! Its always nice when they finally get that big meal in! Out of curiosity, what size are your small dubia? Our store's 'smalls' were about 1/2-3/4" and I could only ever get Pekoe to eat 7-9 in a day.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Probably a smit smaller than 1/2 inch or so. Our local reptile shop sells them 80 for $10, so I got one of those while I wait for my shipment of 1000 to come in. West Coast Roaches sells 1k for $30 AND free shipping!!!

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So today he ate about 25 or so!! yay!! Does anyone have any estimates of when relocation stress begins to fade?! He's eating, which is great, but he has very prominate stress marks which are worrying me. I just want the best for him :D

Cmane419

Stress can go on from a few days to around a week. I would name him phoenix because at that age it's hard to sex a dragon and Phoenix could be male or female.

Alchamy

89724-7979146107.jpg
You asked see picture of my beardies. Of go to the visitors photos look at two first ones you with see them not why won't let but on my forum. They one in the back shedding if been going water the eye drop have morning me though out the day. He his more energy then had. When I get him all he did was sleep. I did know that sleep died to the world. It feek my out little. Going joy learn from them and you guys. Still work on their tank I might too get one at time but they will get new ones. Will house hurt them because can't keep them out of the cage. I think like going after them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom