meet my new baby Elyott

Status
Not open for further replies.
hii! my name is Bryanna. i've been on here for about a week. i just got my new baby beardie today. my first one! she is about 5 inches long and 4 weeks old. it was a horrible 7 hours... no one really liked it. but i got this beautiful little girl (at least i hope its a girl)

this is one of the first pictures i took of her.
BeFunky_photo7.jpg

all stretched out
BeFunky_photo6.jpg

BeFunky_photo5.jpg

i almost thought she was gonna fall asleep
BeFunky_photo4.jpg

BeFunky_photo3.jpg

at home!!!
BeFunky_photo2.jpg

BeFunky_photo1.jpg

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ThankQ guys. She was my first reptile. We've had a hard tome with her the last 2 years. Today was hard but Elyott was very happy today because i brought him everywhere. Lots of pics. I was amazed how happy he was because he had skin coming off his tail. I'll post pics tomorrow though because my tummy and I are having a disagreement. Grrrrr.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
so lots of pictures. :D :blob8: :blob5: i love taking pictures. anyways this is very pic heavy. sorry
lilly about a month ago. i miss her a lot.
mylove13.jpg

my sister and Elyott. she really wants a dragon but she is scared after I leave for school she won't have enough money to feed her own.
mylove6.jpg

Elyott in his new carrier
mylove8.jpg

yay outside!
mylove2.jpg

can i climb mommy???
mylove15.jpg

my boy is getting bigger and growing great. i love him so much.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So exiting stuff. Elyott had his first full nail trimming today out side on the deck. No black beard, no stress marks, no struggling! The really i trimmed his nails is not because they were bothing me, but they were scratching up my little cousins who Elyott loves. He loves kids. And my youngest cousin maddie (3 years old) goes arounf telling everyone that her older cousin had a pet dragon. "Banana has a pet dragon!" Lol also my silkworm eggs will be here in a few days, and Elyott's taking his first trip to a city. Its been a pretty good day. Exept the only place he hasn't had stress marks where when we were outside. Grrr little dragon.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He does that on purpose, because he either wants to be outside or on you! I've found they can manipulate us all very well when they "stress out", then all we want to do is snuggle them. Gabriel likes to do that alot, but I've learned that trick and I know them well enough to know when they're stressing for real.

Glad to hear the eggs are on their way, do you have an incubator, as I know they have to be kept at about 82F to ripen to hatch. I once had silkworms that Sweetie didn't want to eat (why? we don't know), so they cocooned & 2 actually got out of the cocoons, a male & female. So they mated, it was the cutest thing, the male actually does a dance, like a jig, around the female, then they attach for 24 hours. Then the male dies (that was sad), then the female lays her eggs (more than 300 purple eggs, so fertilized) and then she dies. They only live 30 days once hatched, so grow really fast. We didn't have anything to keep them warm at the time, so they didn't survive, but it would have been nice to have a silkworm colony going. So good luck with then, hope they all hatch, Elyott will be in beardie heaven!!

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have a whole thing worked out for the heat, and yeah i've seen videos of the little jig they do. Its very funny. What i like about thw adult form of the worms is they live for one week, can't fly, don't eat or drink. I love it. Omg! Last sunday he was 33g this sunday he is 47g he didn't grow alot but has statted putting on weight.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Elyott is Mr. Grummpy pants today. I am not sure if its because i have to go to school or if its the fact that he doesn't like my dads house but grumpy! Also moving to a new house. Yay now i have to try and get a 2'x3' enclosure down aparment stairs... Yay. Not exited about moving but them next spring i will have a back yard to take Elyott out to play in. I just wish it wasn't so much work trying to move everything. Also happy theres no electrical problems so the breaker won't blow if you turn on reptile lamps :banghead: well we are suppost to be moved in fully by november 3. Elyott is gonna be grumpy. Anyone have any ideas how to make the move less stressful. There are gonna be a lot of people around and a lot of noise.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
my first reptile drawing. i also posted it on my deviantart account.
my account is littlecritter13 if you wanna see any of my other work. this one i am not to proud of but i think it.
lilly.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's a good pic, it's of Lucy, right? A good memorial picture for her. Tell Elyott to cut it out, it's not the end of the world if you're moving! Is it just you moving out or is it you moving out with your parent(s)?

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have two houses. Two tank/enclosures and we are moving with my mom to a new house. I move put next spring. And i can't wait for that.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
This may be a dumb question but if i am sick does Elyott have a chancr of catching anything? I just wanna be careful because i look so bad right now and feel horrible and i love having Elyott out but i jut wanna make sure i am not putting him at risk.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Not that I know of, I've had the flu and still handled my babies without any issues. I don't think our bugs can transfer to dragons. You might want to ask the vet that you know, but I've had dragons for 6 years and never had any issues about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom