meet my new Ackie

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby

Extreme Poster
last night, i sat at the airport untill around 11pm. waiting for a little box stamped 'LIVE REPTILE' and listening... thinking of punching, a guy at the pick up zone telling me, its most probably your reptile didnt get the last flight from adelaide, because its not in the computers and there is more important packages..

as i planned to sleep in the airport, rather than waist another $30 on public transfor at midnight, then again at 3am.. i was excited to see him jogging through the half mirrored glass. screaming in my head 'dont drop it you fool!!!! '...

after hours of trains, buses and waiting in a freezing airport i finally had the box.

got a car ride home, not so perfectly timing myself with my parents arival back from new zealand.. (made them wait an hour.. :lol: ) i opened it in the car. he was breathing.. (THANK GOD) and even scrambling around.

i waited till i got home to take him out of the air holed chinese food container. and he almost instantly ate a moth that was circulating his uv light. ( i let him have an hours of heat and uv at night, just to warm him up and settle him in)

he chose not to eat anything the next day, not even 'yummy' roaches. after work i decided to get some good quality beef cuts, after our local butcher told me he doesnt do kangaroo meat, and if i wanted turkey, i'd have to buy a frozen bag weighing few kilo's.. the monitor is only tiny, and i dont think he would devour a few kilo's too quickely.

he ate four mouthfulls of good cut meat. which i was happy it was at least something..

he is very active, in my definition, the build and stride of a large monitor, tongue flicks of a snake, the eating style of a crocodile (smashing jaws, swallow whole) the skittishness of a garden skink and the size of one too. he's already amusing me as he scrambles around exploring, and leaping off his log etc. and flickign his toungie at everything.

handlings HELL. he likes retreating up my arm, and clinging to the back of my shirt were i cant reach him.. :S

heres some pics..

IMGP0242.jpg

IMGP0241.jpg

IMGP0239.jpg

IMGP0237.jpg

IMGP0235.jpg

IMGP0232.jpg

IMGP0231.jpg

IMGP0230.jpg

IMGP0229.jpg

IMGP0228.jpg

IMGP0227.jpg

IMGP0226.jpg

IMGP0225.jpg

IMGP0224.jpg

IMGP0223.jpg

IMGP0222.jpg

IMGP0221.jpg

IMGP0218.jpg

IMGP0217.jpg

as always the camera didnt catch his real colour, its creamy red at the back of his head, and a little brighter on his spots.

this is him, or a sibling, but he has a nice red like this usually.
MoRT_H_01.jpg

fuzlbaby

Gray-bearded Member
Very pretty!
You had a long wait at the airport! The things we do for our reptile friends! :mrgreen:

Rosebud

Gray-bearded Member
He is soo adorable, and worth the trouble! :D I wish we had more available here. :evil:

I think he will settle down as he grows and adapts to his new home. Just keep handling him. :wink: And keep taking pics for those of us who can only experience Ackies vicariously, or think we can for that brief second when we misidentify Savannahs! :shock: :lol:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Very pretty Ackie. How old is it? I am sure it was worth it staying up like that & going to the airport. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom