Meet Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Hi all! This is my first beardie, Max. I got him today from Aquarium Specialties and Research in Frazer, PA. They really know their stuff! They even showed me Max's mother. Anyways, it's hard to see in these pictures, but he has some light green streaks down his sides and red streaks behind each ear. Very pretty! He already seems to enjoy being handled, and doesn't even try to escape. Without further ado, let me introduce Max!

NW5vP.jpg

ixlyQ.jpg

N1xRp.jpg

ZzAyt.jpg

w4bjM.jpg

And his enclosure:

cyjwz.jpg

He is living on slate tile, has a basking rock/hiding hole. His basking area is about 110-115 F, and the cool side is 80-85, using an infrared temp gun, of course. He currently has a Reptisun 5.0, but within the next day or two his Reptisun 10.0 should be arriving (oops, grabbed the wrong one at the store). His basking lamp is 50 W Reptile basking lamp for now, but will probably change to normal incandescent shortly. Humidity seems to sit between 30% and 40% during the day, but rises at night (might need to find a solution to that). He really enjoyed the phoenix worms I fed him earlier (about 15). I will try feeding him dusted crickets tonight. He also has a salad of collard greens, a acorn squash, and a little bit of carrot, but hasn't touched it yet.

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Hey there, welcome! Max sure is a cutie. :) Two things I noticed that you might want to switch up are the UVB and the Humidity gauge, tho. The screen filters out most of the UVB radiation, so whenever possible you want to have the ReptiSUN 10.0(when ya get it. :) ) inside the tank, about 6-8" from the basking spot. :) And those dial gauges are NOTORIOUSLY inaccurate. Walmart has a digital thermometer that reads humidity and records highs and lows for both over a 24hr period for around 10$. I SWEAR by those little information boxes.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. Couple questions: 1 - there isn't a walmart to close. Do you think he will be ok for a week or two like this? 2 - if I put an under count light in the viv, where do I run the power cord? It is a sliding lid so how do I close it with the power cord? Thanks!

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
daner923":1208cmt5 said:
Thanks for the advice. Couple questions: 1 - there isn't a walmart to close. Do you think he will be ok for a week or two like this? 2 - if I put an under count light in the viv, where do I run the power cord? It is a sliding lid so how do I close it with the power cord? Thanks!

He should be fine. To be extra safe you can take him outside for natural sunlight once a day or so. :) Personally I don't use lids at all with my dragon tanks. But you could just not close the top all the way if you are sure you want to use one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom