Meet Kadia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Karrie!

How is Kadia doing today?
I agree, you can cut back on the baths, because that can stress them out sometimes.
Will she not drink water off of her nose?
Did you try any of the dubia today, or did you decide to hold off a few days on them?
Is her beard normal colored?
She might still be adjusting, it's hard to tell. You have double checked the temperatures
too?
Let us know how she is doing. I'm sure that she will start to pick up for you soon.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She is doing about the same-- I tried dubias yesterday but I think she was full - she drinks from a bowl or so I was told and have tried that but she didnt drink and no I have not tried water on the nose only the c / care w/ a drop and she wont lick --- I am watering the c/ care down - she seems kinda weak so I am not leaving a water bowl in the tank - the vet called me yesterday and she said to hold off on the insects - she told me to start her off w/ vegies but she didnt think she would eat on her own for weeks so I am just gonna offer them to her and leave them in the tank every day - I am monitoring the temps w/ a infrared heat gun and over nite they are around 76-77 degrees-- she moves around her tank during the day - yes her beard is normal color-- she has not black bearded at all --
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor Kadia, she is really weak as you said and the C.Care will be the best stuff, easy to digest for her right now. Hopefully she can gain some strength and actually recover . It will be a wait + see kind of thing but you're doing a great job with her Karrie.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
She is not staying under her basking light - this morning she did for awhile but before I pulled her out for her noon feeding she was back sleeping in her food dish -- temp is at 99 degrees w/ the infrared heat gun- I put her back under the basking light after her noon feeding and she was there again for awhile and now she has moved back to her food dish -- when I pulled her at noon she was a little cool - she must be digesting her food as she pooped this morning on the tile :) and it had white urate w/ dark stool and a little watery -- not much but enough to make me think she is not dehydrated it was soft --- shes going to miss her noon feeding tomorrow as we are going out of town for the day - so she will only get fed 2 times-- I am going to leave fresh greens in the dish for her - I dont know if she will eat them but maybe .............
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
We came home from visiting yesterday late and didnt get another feeding in - she did not touch her greens while we were gone- this morning she went poop again and it was alot- it had a lot of water in it so I think I am gonna haft to cut back on the water in the mixture -- she is not doing much of anything else but sleeping - she must be getting in enough basking as she is digesting the food of which I was l concerned about w/ her not staying under the lights-- but w/ the poop she took this morning she is getting it digested
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
So today Kadia is still doing the same-- sleeping --- she is pooping every day and this morning it was not as runny - but really soft no form - it looked like what shes been eating --- she is fickle about the basking temps- she will move away from it if its over a 100 - so I have been dinking around w/ the light fixture and how to get it over 85 and not above 100--- :banghead: or move the platform shes laying on--
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Adults tend to get finicky with temps sometimes. Naughtica wouldn't bask if I didnt have her temp right at 98 lol!
You might just have to adjust until you find what she likes.

How has her energy been today?

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Non existent!! I am still working on temps-- she has sat in a spot of 92 most of the day--- :( -- she has been pooping tho -- every morning --
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kadia did not poop until last nite and this morning when I got up she she had gone - only poop no urate so I am thinking she is dehydrated --- I thickened up the c/ care a bit and now she needs more water - what I need to know is should I make it runny again or feed her water thru a little syringe separately? And how much water if going separately I dont want to over fill her?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom