Meet Kadia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Remember though relocation stress usually doesnt set in until the 2nd or third day. A lot of times they will eat on day 1 and not so much the following days.

You're doing everything right. Only time will tell.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She doesnt even seem to be effected by the relocation - I force fed her again today for her second feeding - I have moved the basking light and the UVB on the middle of the tank and placed the basking platform under it - its long and she can sit under both - she kept falling off the basking log so I got tired of seeing or hearing her do that and took it out completely-- now she has moved off the platform and is sitting in the corner of the tank on the carpet-- her head is up and not flat on the carpet - so that is a good sign --- I am concerned about her eyes -- I have an appt for her on Wed morning - my daughter is taking her in to be dropped off and the Dr will look at her then sometime during the day--- I will haft to go get her Wed afternoon when I am done w/ work -- I need to know if I should just keep feeding the chicken or alternate to squash?
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Karrie, you are definitely a very empathetic animal lover to go through all this to help the poor dragon. I was severely neglected, starved + emaciated. People just don't care.

So don't offer any more crickets for a day or so but do all you can to get her some hydration. Try baby foods with extra water mixed in a few times a day. If the vet can give you some Critical Care formula that would be good. Add a drop of honey to things to see if that interests her enough to get some watered down food in her. Best wishes to the poor creature !

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Karrie,

She is definitely pretty thin, poor girl! How is she doing tonight?
Has she eaten anymore live insects? If you can get fluids into her that is probably one of the
most important things, initially so you don't overstress her kidneys.
She hasn't been fed or cared for properly that is for sure. Try to keep her a little warmer over
night to help her immune system. You can use the herbivore care food that you have at home
right now, that's fine it should help out.
We are all pulling for her!

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I fed her 3 times yesterday the chicken - last feeding was watered down w/ extra water and this morning I am going to feed her the oxbow critical care carnivore mixed w/ the herbivore watered down -- like a slushie so shes getting the extra hydration plus the nutrients-- she has a vet appt w/ the reptile vet tomorrow - I was wondering about the temps in the tank over nite I got up this morning and her temp was 69 in the tank - I have the heat emitter for Hiccups tank its a 100 watt bulb I am wondering if I should put that on her at nite - her tank is 20 gallon long and it has no screen on it - the basking bulb is clamped on and the UVB is sitting across the top so she has exposure to both bulbs in the middle of the tank - I suppose I can put the heat emitter on one end of the tank hanging from a pole my husband has in the garage so its emitting the heat into the tank - I dont know we can figure something out - I would haft to set it up to see what kind of heat temps I can get into that tank - I dont want her to hot - she seems to be handling the temps at nite w/ out it -- I also have a heating pad I could set her on and leave on low w/ a dish towel or her fleece blanket on it too -- I would think the heating pad would keep the temps up more in the tank as well --
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I got a 1ml of oxbow care in her - that was soupy--- she will get fed again around lunch time -
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
So I have fed her 3ml total today in intervals and have set up a heat emitter hanging above her tank from a stand that came from the hospital --- I cleaned out her nose w/ first a wet q tip gently wiping and trying to loosen what was there - her nose has been plugged - got it loose and picked her nose w/ tweezers pulling out what was mucous not a lot but some now her nose is clear - I am going to watch it to see if we get more -- she pooped again today! So she has gone 2 times- my husband says she looks like shes starting to fill out and I was thinking the same
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Everything seemed normal after her check up - she checked everything out including pain factor --- the only thing she said was she was very emaciated -- she told me to keep doing what I have started feeding her 3 times per day 1 ml of the herbivore/ carnivore care-- she could not tell her sex as she is so emaciated -- she weighed in at 42 grams- body score was 2/9- she told me to soak her 2 times per day to get her hydration up - so I did soak her when I got home and also fed her- I was really concerned as she was not fed till tonite - its possible she might have metabolic disease I am assuming thats MBD - I kept her tank last nite around 78 degrees - it was down to 69 the night before so she was warmer last nite --
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Karrie,

How is little Kadia today?
That's great news it seems like she is starting to fill out some, it just takes some time.
At least her system is starting to work. Does she seem to like the Carnivore/Herbivore
care then?
Take it slow with her, so her system gets adjusted. I'm sure that she is stressed to some
point but as long as she continues to show some improvement then hopefully she will keep
on feeling better & gaining some weight.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Remember, they don't get hydrated by baths unless they actually drink in the bath.

I'm glad to hear she's doing better and getting some nutrients in. Slow and steady wins the race! The goal is health, not necessarily gaining weight! :)

You're doing great Karrie.

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How is Kaida today ? It does sound like she's made a bit of progress, you are doing a good job. :) She will get hydrated from the C.Care formula [ to which you can add a bit of extra water ] but I agree with Brandon that 2 soaks a day will not help . It may actually be detrimental in her condition to get her wet twice a day and change her body temp. constantly. Baths no more than twice a week to see if she'l drink, otherwise just add water to her C. Care formula or other pureed foods.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yeah I am not sure about baths -- I have heard so much from different aspects of getting hydration from them I dont know- I can say this tho when I was having all those issues w/ Hiccup not eating this past spring I had taken him in and he was slightly dehydrated - she told me to bath him every other day so I did he went back the 2 visit and they did a xray etc and he was not dehydrated anymore and he still wasnt eating so that is why the not being sure--- Kadia is still the same -- she is sleeping all the time --- I only got her fed once yesterday wasnt happy about that cuz she was at the vets most of the day - today I have fed her twice now - 1 ml of the c/care mixed -- she does not want to stay under her lights and sleeps on the platform or off the back of the shelf - both are cooler places I have checked her basking temps changed the height of the basking bulb thinking it was too hot for her and she still moves off to the cooler area of the tank --- why is she doing this? Where shes sleeping is in the 80's -- I will move her back to under the lights and she will stay for a bit then move off -- I have only given her one bath yesterday - I have watered down the c/ care so its soupy --- so she is getting water -- her dubias came today --- I dont know if I should offer those here in the next day or so or wait or what?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom