Meet JuJu **4/4 we're growing like a weed! pg5**!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make a long story short, my husband and I purchased our first BD back in early January. It certainly hasn't been without it's trials and tribulations (lighting, No appetite, etc). But since JuJu is back to his normal babied "love me" self, we figured we finally introduce him: ).
From JuJus point of view.
>I'm spoiled and babied
>I like sunny car rides
>I dislike red cars
>I like to people watch from the second story window from our apartment
>I love to cuddle
>My grandma is making me a new security blankie that is a bug shaped pillow
> I am constantly referred to his Highness because I like to be up high and see my kingdom (mom and Dad joke that my name is Yertle )
> I prefer dubia roaches over crickets
> I don't like baths but mom can get me to swim
>I think I'm a guard dog
> I think I can fly
> I watch too much tv
> I like real people movies instead of animated ones

"Momma..I know there's greens in my bowl...but food" face.

Poor baby :(. He's shedding and looks like hes wearing a skin cone of shame

Starting to shed after a bath.

Such a handsome boy! (just took this one 2/5/14)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Those pics are so cute. Dragons can't see light colours, so will run into walls a lot. Mine like the colour red, but not pink, go figure :lol: He's so cute and those pics are great!

JuJuB

Original Poster
:shock: that makes perfect sense! I never thought about that! Lol our doors are white and so is the backing on the mirror. That makes absolute perfect sense now, Ju technically "can't" see it. So he thought he was going some place Lol. Lol I wonder why not pink? I think It's just red cars that Ju doesn't like lplan. They get him all hot under the collar :lol:. Hes getting so big and to be such a character: ). Lol I introduced him to his reflection last night, he decided to lick the mirror instead. I think he knows he isn't a threat to himself, intelligent little lizard he is. I'll have to get a picture of him playing Jaws with his Dubi, sooooo funny: ).

I "lost" Ju for a second today. Then I see him playing hide n seek

This is the bigger picture of where I found him (on our dining room chairs Lol)

JuJuB

Original Poster
Mini Jaws lol

Life on Jus level

"Heeey who dat "

Dad makes a good throne

He has a love affair with his reflection lol

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, he's so cute & that's funny that red cars bug him :lol: They're such characters. So he hid in plain sight? They do that. Welcome to the "where in the heck could he be this time" club :roll:

JuJuB

Original Poster
Oh yea Lol! I was like "where's Ju!!??!" I happened to look down at the chairs and see his tail. We found out that he actually wanted on the chair haha. I put him up there with a stuffed animal and my hoodie that he likes, he was happy lizard Lol. I've been reading a lot of people's posts where beardies pick their favourite spots. He's true JuJu though, his spit has to be (and is) high enough to see everything in his kingdom: )
I also think he might he starting to get the hang of going full beard. I talked to him a but this morning while my husband was getting ready for work and he bearded out some (a little more than usual). The proceeded to shift so he wasn't looking at me and continued to be Mr grumpy Lol. My husband is like "you know he won't go through with it once you pet him right". Lol I just let him be grumpy and work it out, it was the first more full beard he done and I was proud of it.

Hi dad! I'm going to use your head, k?

Don't mind me I'm just exploring: )

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, he likes to check out his kingdom, for sure. Next thing you know, he'll be like Lonzo, a security beardie, bobbing & black bearding everything & everyone to let them know who's BOSS :lol: They are just so funny!

JuJuB

Original Poster
He's starting to get that way Lol. He runs to the side of his viv that is closest to our front door. He has to scope everyone out. I bet watching Lonzo be boss is a blast. Kind of like "It's my house, what I say goes# Lol.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Pretty well. Even though he's almost 11 and doesn't like to be out of his tank anymore, he still has a good view of the living room and black beards and bobs at everything he sees, even me. Gabriel also loves to bob at me, it's just too funny. :lol:

JuJuB

Original Poster
Gah I thought I replied sooner: /. Stupid short term memory lol.

Lol so he won't come out much anymore? I'm sure It's like a sunny vacation in Florida (in his viv ), nice and warm and comfy: ). And! He can enforce security from it lol. Gabriel Bob's too? That's cute and funny: ). Is it just his way of communicating or does he start when Lonzo does? My hubby works p/t at a reptile specialty shop where the owner boards beardies while their owners are away. He said they got one in yesterday who was so stressed out: /. He went completely black and was bobbing /scratching up a storm on the glass. Poor thing.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Guess that one needed some snuggling. It's hard to board out, nothing is familiar, so some TLC would be needed, I'd think.

JuJuB

Original Poster
That's what I said, hubby said he wanted nothing to do with being held. Didn't want a treaty, not greens nada. I understand some people have obligations outside the home and the boarding program is top notch but some dragons just aren't meant to be away from their home.

JuJuB

Original Poster
I'm so glad we made the switch, he hates crickets, won't touch them now. We have a little mini colony on occasion. The company we use sent us a large female breeder by mistake and she'll breed with the few larger ones in our shipment. It must've been too cold this time because we only increased our numbers by about 3. We're waiting on his third shed, it has yet to come: (. I'm proud that he's girthier but his body is still "stocky" so to speak. Soooo I underestimated him yesterday lol. He was hanginformation out on our towel rack with me in the bathroom catching a little bit of the rogue spray from the shower (I was talking to my husband ). Of a sudden he just jumps off before I could catch him! Easily...almost a 5 foot jump. Though apparently, he's OK. Still eating, still walking etc. He's also in his grumpy stage, he's been flexing his beard more lately.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They're so funny when they're small, gives you heart attacks, though, as they really think they can fly. Glad there's nothing wrong with him, which is normally the case.
He's getting big!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom