Meet JuJu **4/4 we're growing like a weed! pg5**!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make a long story short, my husband and I purchased our first BD back in early January. It certainly hasn't been without it's trials and tribulations (lighting, No appetite, etc). But since JuJu is back to his normal babied "love me" self, we figured we finally introduce him: ).
From JuJus point of view.
>I'm spoiled and babied
>I like sunny car rides
>I dislike red cars
>I like to people watch from the second story window from our apartment
>I love to cuddle
>My grandma is making me a new security blankie that is a bug shaped pillow
> I am constantly referred to his Highness because I like to be up high and see my kingdom (mom and Dad joke that my name is Yertle )
> I prefer dubia roaches over crickets
> I don't like baths but mom can get me to swim
>I think I'm a guard dog
> I think I can fly
> I watch too much tv
> I like real people movies instead of animated ones

"Momma..I know there's greens in my bowl...but food" face.

Poor baby :(. He's shedding and looks like hes wearing a skin cone of shame

Starting to shed after a bath.

Such a handsome boy! (just took this one 2/5/14)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's fun to have lots of beardies, a lot of work when they're little, but I've only had 2 babies, the rest were rescued as adults. We adopted Lonzo when he was 5 yrs old, he had tail rot, so had to have 5" of his tail amputated, but other than that he was in good health. He's slowing down, as he used to be my security boss, but he prefers to stay in his tank now, it's all blankets and softness, so suits him well. Didi is out on the ramp, ignoring Puff. Gabriel had his time out as I wasn't well today & I'm home. I have tomorrow off and Monday, too, so they'll get lots of time out.

Females can lay infertile eggs from a year old. When Sweetie was alive, she had up to 8 clutches of infertile eggs a year, starting with 4 clutches when she was 2 yrs old and and it eventually killed her, as I couldn't keep up with the calcium depletion and she got really sick. She was 4 mo old when I got her, she was 5 1/2 yrs old when she passed away from pneumonia. So I didn't want a female after that, didn't want to go through it again. Puff came to me from a friend, she's never had eggs & has only laid 7, so I have to keep an eye on her as they can lay up to 35 eggs at a time. I'm going to get her a laybox tomorrow and see if she has any more. They can also get egg bound, so I have to keep an eye on her. Vet's are so expensive! So if I were you, I'd get a male again.

Either way, dragons are never friends, so you have to make sure they don't get together as they will fight. They're very territorial, so even if they see each other in their tanks, never have them out together. I forgot Leo was out one day, he hid and I put Didi out & within a minute they were fighting. Didi had wounds on his tail and Leo got bitten and almost lost 2" of his tail, and that was literally just a minute or less of my back turned. Luckily Polysporin healed them up. It was funny to see Didi with a white tail:

And Leo had bandages on his tail:

So I'm VERY careful now to make sure none of them are out together, ever. Learned a big lesson there :shock:

JuJuB

Original Poster
Aww I'm sorry about Sweetie, it always sucks losing our animals. They're so near and dear to our hearts.I was actually going to ask you about two dragons being out at the same time. Hmm that's a tough spot because JuJu is master of his domain here, he loves to be out and held; I think he would feel miffed if we spent time with another dragon. Then there's the egg laying you mentioned with a female. It's definitely something we're going to have to dig into, like I said JuBug likes being master of his castle. We're hoping he's starts showing his colors soon, though from what we can tell it's like a sand fire orange.

That does look a little funny you're right! At least the polysporin helped! Good stuff! I like Leo's little bandaid lol. But I can imagine that was a bit scary with two males trying to fight.

Feel better! (husband and i both just getting over colds, theyre no fun)

Le prince du soleil

Making sure all is shipshape on the home front

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and dusted with calcium

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He looks so good, growing up so fast. Loved the pics of him checking out his domain outside & of course he's King of the Castle inside. Mine always bob & black beard at each other when they're out, I love the interaction, but there are never 2 out at the same time. Gabriel is the one that is the funniest, he loves to run over my feet when I'm in the living room with them.

Puff and I had a long snuggle tonight, she wasn't like that when I got her at first, but she snuggled right into my neck and stayed there for over 2 hours! So now I have 6 snuggle bunnies :lol:

JuJuB

Original Poster
He is it's exciting: )! Lol he's very "I have to know What's going on outside". He's a bit nosey, actually he's very nosey lol. He gets some waxies today since it's Valentine's day, he should be happy: ). Lol he has yet to head bob actively. I instigated with him once but he got wise to it lol. He doesn't even really beard. He'll poof up but I think it's just him trying to find it so to speak. Lol Gabriel sounds like he's a hoot to watch run around! Hmm! That's cool Puff snuggled up though! Ju will do that, he'll get his head just under my neck and snooze.

One too many waxies makes for pudgy lizard

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Be careful with waxies, they are 100% fat, but as a treat they're fine. Glad he got a treat on Valentines Day!

Gabriel is a hoot all the time, he makes me laugh with his antics. He was a rescue, a very sick dragon in Apr/12, but once he was cured of the parasite load he was carrying & gained some weight, he's been VROOOM every since :lol: And all year round, he's never quiet :lol:

They don't usually black beard until they're more mature, any time between 6-12 mo & some never get the hang of it. But once he figures out he can black beard and bob, he'll never stop :lol: And if he's a female instead of a male (that happens, it took us 2 years to figure out Sweetie was a female, she laid an egg, so that was quite obvious :lol: ) he won't bob as much as a male anyway. Have you checked the back of his tail to see? If he's a female he'll have a lump in the middle of his tail above the vent. If he's a male, he'll have two lumps along the side of his tail above the vent.

JuJuB

Original Poster
Yea we definitely have to cut back on the waxies. I'm sure a month without them, Ju will be right as rain...at least I'm hoping so lol. He's gotten a bit..pudgy. Lol he sounds like a real character! I'm glad he's all better and acting like he's speed racer lol. It's cute, he tries to look mean and threatening but he can never fully do it. We've watched him try without any provocation. The "baddest" he's ever been was he went a little super Max on the inflation. I scooped him up and he deflated. Silly boy. Yup we're definitely sure he's a he lol. We thought he was a she at first...No definitely not lol. When we had him sexed he was still a little androgynous so we called him a "shim". But his hemipenes are pretty prominent now, No doubt about that.

Lol that's pretty funny! It always seems to happen that way, No one knows they have a female until they lay eggs or give birth :).

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad he's a he. Rubio discovered his black beard at 5 mo old, he was so intrigued by it, he kept crossing his eyes, so one day he fell off his log, it was hilarious, poor sweet boy. If a beardie could look embarrassed he did, he checked all ways b4 he hopped back on asap. I laughed so long, but it was just that he was so cute :lol:

Yep, they like to feel that they're the complete BOSS of the house, all the time. Even Lonzo, at almost 11, has a black beard all the time, just to let everyone know he might be old, but he's still the BOSS! When he black beards, it goes down his chest, down to his knees and his beard is pure black, so is Leo's. When it's spring my house becomes very hormonal!

JuJuB

Original Poster
Lol poor thing! But I'm sure it's a riot to see a cross eyed dragon! JuJu actually gets embarrassed as well. He's be know to talk a flying leap, and because of his poor depth perception he's *thunked* of several of his viv walls. Then he goes over to his security blankie (his tree) and looks down until he decides the moment has passed.

Wow! Lonzo gets pretty black! But can still, keep his younger cohorts in line lol. Oh I'm sure! We're curious to see how Ju get towards spring and summer. Poor baby, he's been left alone all day because an issue befell my husband and we had to get it sorted. Then he went to work, Ju looked at me before I left like "momma. Mooooooom.. fooooooood ". But now he gets food and cuddles lol

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm looking forward to keeping up with Juju. He sounds like a riot. He's soo adorable! I saw the pics on page 2. I only saw notices on page one of the pics being moved, so I missed seeing them. Deb has so many stories of her boys' nuttiness, it's always something to laugh about just reading her thread.

JuJuB

Original Poster
He is a riot to say the least, but we love him anyways: ). There's never a dull moment on the house with him around. Lately we've been trying to get him to eat the Bites (the chewy pink things) with his veggies when his Dubi shipment is late because of our weather. He won't touch them lol. I've tried hand feeding them to him, mixing them in his veggies, hand chopping them with the veggies, putting waxies in, everything! Smart little bigger knows they're in there and just avoids them lol. Clever butt. Deb definitely has some characters for dragons, but that's all in the fun of owning them: ) and its hear warming to read their excerpts: ).

From JuJu
As of today (2/16/14) I am a foot in length and 69g :). I have some waxie weight to shed and my colors are coming in beautifully. I have a lot of orange around my "spikes" on my sides, orange bands by my eyes and interwoven on my front legs.
We're starting to show more color! How exciting! (Deep orange banding )

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You don't have to make up for any waxy weight, just make sure he gets only 2 or 3 a month or so. He's such a cutie and character!

JuJuB

Original Poster
Definitely. His Valentines Day waxies were the last until late March. He did slim back down a bit, though I think he might've been bloated. Lol he and I hung out today. Poor thing, wants to be outside so bad! We need to get him a leash.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sending you all 4 bells, I don't need them for any reason, you may as well have them, then you have xtras if you get any more beardies :lol:

JuJuB

Original Poster
You're an awesome rockstar Deb! Thank you so much

"Momma, Why you look at me??" He's still all tail

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. What do we do we swim swim swim!

Loungin

Moooom I'm all up in your grill

JuJuB

Original Poster
As the new title says, oh depth perception: ). So last night after OCD baby proofing our living room for good reason, we let JuJu roam free for a bit. Needless to say, he enjoyed his new found freedom by little short sprints everywhere. One short sprint ended up with a nose into a closed door, and some time later a mirror. Ju may be a smart one Lol, but I think he fails to realize his path of sprint does end in some spots. We also bought out his dubi tank to throw a couple of roaches to him. He circled it like he was Jaws. Too cute :). He ran around for a good bit before deciding to nest himself I'm my goodies sleeve (it was as on the floor) and take a nap. As of today, Ju is 12.2 inches and 75g.

We're hiding

He's an Olympic gymnast with lettuce lip lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom