Meet Jazzy - My Super Citrus Leatherback

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateS

This is Jazzy. I just got him off a member on here and he arrived just recently. I thought I would make a thread and just keep adding pictures while he grows. He is right around 5 months old right now and has one of the coolest personalities of any of my past beardies.

I came up with his name for a variety of reasons. First off is that I have played jazz alto and soprano saxophone for the past 18 years. Second, I am almost always listening to jazz from Charlie Parker, to Michael Brecker, or Kenny Garrett. Third, I teach 5th Grade and he is our class pet during the school year. I constantly play Jazz in my classroom as the students work and as I teach...exposing those kids to some culture. So, it only seemed appropriate to name this spunky guy "Jazzy".

He is a Super Citrus Leatherback from Fire and Ice and MAN he is so gorgeous.
p200125229-4.jpg

p235477152-4.jpg

p198132334-4.jpg

I had to stop down the aperture for focus which caused a bit of blur. I plan to shoot some more tomorrow since I won't have recess duty. :)
p146285783-4.jpg

As for size. I know it's hard to judge from the pictures, but is 10 1/2 inches about normal for 5 months? I see others talking about having 15-16" Beardies at this age so it has me wondering.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow Jazzy sure is great looking!

All dragons grow at different rates, and genetics play a large rule in how big a dragon grows. My youngest was about the same size as yours at that age.

-Brandon

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Pretty! He looks a little like my Blaze. As for his size, I don't know, I don't have much experience. Blaze will be 7 weeks old tomorrow and is almost 7".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseSkull
Top Bottom