Meet Drogo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Wow Drogo is so handsome! Still amazes me how much Drogo and Biggs look alike. We didn’t really start bonding until I swallowed my extreme fear of bugs and started to hand feed. ( when I say extreme I mean I would gag just looking at crickets! No kidding. Did I mention I was tricked into Biggs. LOL) and my fear of Biggs. But Biggs pretty much picked me. At the pet store she claimed her spot on my neck, while I screamed that she was trying to eat me :lol: and when someone would take her off me she would jump right back on me and return to my neck. Also reading on here I read to cuddle them at night before their bed time and I still do that a lot. And I also cut up an old t shirt that I wore and put it in her cave where she sleeps. I take her out every day and sit on the floor with her. She is finally starting to roam and explore. And I have a cat climb thing I put next to a big glass door in the kitchen so she can look out the window when I cook. And I know I talk to her constantly (good thing she can’t tell anyone my secrets)

How big is Drogo. Do you keep track of growth and weight? I don’t see Biggs as big till I look back at her progress. Here is her progress to date:
Feb 4: 6.5” (not sure on weight but very skinny)
Mar 4: 13” 113 grams
Apri 1: 16.5”. 202 grams
May 10: 17.5” 339 grams
June 4: 19”. 350 grams!!!!! Just measured and weighed and i know weight is not 100 percent accurate cause she refuses to hold still and is now giving me the stink eye

Dezismom: when do they stop growing? Are you in the states? Dezi is so very handsome. Biggs gave him a wiggle and says hi big boy

BriHope03

Original Poster
Thank you and man they really do look alike!

How do you hand feed with how crickets hop around?? Also, that is so cute that she picked you!!! I'll definitely try cuddling him and putting a t-shirt in there with him after I have worn it.

I haven't been weighing him or anything but I just did. He is currently:

about 13 1/2" and 162g

And thank you. Opal is very sweet if not a handful.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
She refused crickets a while ago and would only eat Dubia roaches (so gross) and I would shake them up in a plastic cup with the calcium and she would jump in the cup. I would hand feed her a wax worm once a day. Now she refused to eat Dubia roaches and is only eating super worms, butter worms, and horn worms. She decided last week she is no longer eating BSFL :banghead: and I always hand feed her her greens. The worms are much easier to hand feed. Oh when she was eating crickets I would use tongs to pick them up and then take a deep breath and hold one by the leg and pray she would eat it quickly. LOL the super worms still freak me out a bit. I wish she would go back to eating the Dubia! I have a cage full of them. They are becoming like another freaking pet.

BriHope03

Original Poster
She definitely sounds like a princess haha! I'll try to feed him the crickets that way. He still is not eating much greens but he has started eating a bit more.

For your sake, I hope she starts eating the roaches again! Just for the sake of not having roaches in your house :lol: :lol:

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Well I keep the roach cage in a room nobody really goes in....however it can be useful for when unwanted company comes over! I can always decide it’s time to clean out the roach cage at just the right time. Hahahaha goodbye unwanted company!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom