Meet Cheif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wake0722

Cheif is my new Beearded dragon. i've handled him quite a bit so he is tamed. But tonight I put him in his cage to go to sleep (I have a red ifrared light) so i put the light on and it wouldnt go to sleep so I did some reasearch and I found out that they can see red inrared light so i put that off but i was wondering is that true?

Yes he can most definitely see the red light and will have trouble sleeping with it on. Personally I don't use any type of bulb or heat source at night because my house stays around 72F. As long as your house or wherever your keeping him doesn't fall below about 62F at night then no heating is needed. If you need a heating source for night, I'd pick up a low watt ceramic bulb since they don't emit light. That's the only thing I would use for heating my viv at night and that's only if I ABSOLUTELY needed it. Any kind of "night bulb" will keep him from sleeping. Whether it's red, black, blue, purple, or whatever.

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Hi There! Welcome!

I have a Chief too!

Yes, beardies can see the infrared light, and need total darkness to sleep well. Unless his temp is dropping below 65 at night, there is no need for supplemental nighttime heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom