Meet Boga!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apolla

Hi! I'm a long time lurker, first time beardie owner and this is my first post.

This is Boga Louise, named for the lizard in Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith (because I am a Star Wars nut) and for Louise Belcher (because of her claws and the episode "Mutiny on the Windbreaker"):
100177-2721671001.jpg
I put her next to the toy of her namesake for size comparison. In her viv she also has a stuffed Burger King kids' meal Boga:
100177-222591740.jpg

She is roughly 4-5 months old (the guy wasn't sure of her age.) So far her favorite activities are looking out the window and exploring.

As for her set up, I just upgraded her tank so I have to get her more slate for her substrate (hence the paper towel in the one pic). She has a Reptisun 10.0, a CHE, a basking bulb (not a coil, I forget the brand though), and a flood light. The flood light is for the humidity as it is very humid and I'm struggling to bring her humidity down now that I've got the bigger viv. It's at about 43% during the day and about 54% at night, which stresses me out a lot. I've been trying anything I can get my hands on (I can't get a dehumidifer just yet - money is tight.)

Inside her tank she has two hides (one on the warm side, one on the cool), she has a brick that she can climb on, a hammock (her favorite), and two toys: the stuffed Boga and I just got her a toy of Blue from Jurassic World.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! She looks nice and healthy. Don't worry about your humidity. That is well within the reasonable range for them. If the room doesn't feel really humid to you then it's probably fine for them. Their natural habitat ranges from around 25% to around 75% humidity so there is a lot more leeway there than people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom