Mealworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that they are total garbage but when I asked our breeder (good reputation) if there was something I could add to our babies diet she gave us a small tub of meal worms. She said only a couple every few days, not even every second day. I havent given him any but just wondering if I should even bother with them? Or if they would be more suitable for my 4yo beardie?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't. There are other insects out there that would be much better options. I sure as heck wouldn't feed it to my babies.

Was this breeder saying a couple every few days would be a suitable diet for your baby?

-Brandon

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Your 4yo beardie does not need the mealworms either. Mealworms are basically just crap for beardies.

Is it just a local breeder, or is it a well-known breeder that is making the suggestion to you? If it's a local breeder, then they might not know well enough.

KangAndKodos

Original Poster
I dont know, thats why I asked you guys.

Anyone know about how long it takes to start up a dubia colony?

The breeders own J&J Reptiles. I did my research on them and was told by a reptile rescuer that I've known for some time that they were great breeders. This is the only thing I've ever questioned them with.

KangAndKodos

Original Poster
Crap lol. Is there something else I can start a colony with? Besides crickets? Or is that the only thing worth it for me?

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
How old and long is the beardie again?

If he's over 16 inches then you can do superworms...If not...

Calci-worms
Repti-worms
Phoenix worms
Hornworms
Crickets

That's pretty much all I can think of right now.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Yeah no superworms until he's at least 16" long.

I'm not in Canada, so I'm not sure what's available there for food, other than what I've already listed...

KangAndKodos

Original Poster
Ill start looking for distributors. We get a box of 250 3wk crickets every 1-2 weeks. Plus the 5wks for our adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom