Status
Not open for further replies.

ataraxia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":1mbhaxae said:
True.
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/index.html
Bok Choy (pak choi) though is a better choice.

To the naked eye :) It actually has goitrogens that block iodine absorption. Iodine plays many roles including your animals appetite.

Own a chameleon and if you want it to live out its expected life expectancy. You will learn more about nutrition than you will ever want to know :)

edit: did you want to comment to the last post you quoted me? Id be happy to explain more to you.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Examples of foods that contain goitrogens:
Cruciferous vegetables including:
Broccoli
Brussel sprouts
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Kale
Kohlrabi
Mustard
Rutabaga
Turnips
Millet
Peaches
Peanuts
Radishes
Soybean and soy products, including tofu
Spinach
Strawberries

Interesting :study:

Vermundor

Hatchling Member
From what I've seen so far, all you do is argue and ask for facts when you yourself don't have any to support your statement ataraxia. I doubt that testing on three animals will show you solid results. Subjecting an animal to testing over a stupid thing like this and possibly harming them is not a smart idea. I've never used meal worms, so I can't vouch for anyone, however many people have seen issues with mealworm impaction.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I believe every post is useful weather it presents itself or not. There is usefulness in the most mundane of thoughts.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I am unsure how that answers my question.
Although I have seen you skip numerous points of mine so I guess it will still piece together.

ataraxia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob - I believe every post is useful weather it presents itself or not. There is usefulness in the most mundane of thoughts.

ataraxia - thanks for the laugh (i thought your post was funny)

Beardednoob - For someone who is intelligent that is an odd remark. You cannot learn from others?

For someone who is intelligent that is an odd remark - i guess i have a strange sense of humor

you cannot learn from others? yes i have many times over.

Please submit your points i have overlooked.

Vermundor

Hatchling Member
ataraxia":3b6ovpj8 said:
i guess i have a strange sense of humor and yes i have many times over.

Your humor is quite strange, as it comes off as cocky.

You don't need a statistic to know whether something is good or not. If the number of people who disagree are outvoting you, then perhaps they are on to something. (just a thought :wink: )

ataraxia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
im not sure if you have read through this thread. one of my points is that people read information whether it to be true or false and run with it because others that have read it say the same thing. heres the thing like i have stated before. I have raised many animals including dragons on them with no ill effects over the years. If meal worms caused all these issues dont you think i would have encountered a problem just once? It makes no sense to me to say dont use meal worms they will cause impaction.

Im not rallying for everyone to use meal worms. If you do or dont it dont matter to me.

Go say this on a tortoise forums. I raised a russian tort on ice berg lettuce for 5 years. I bet you will hear everything under the sun about how bad you are and change this and change that. The truth is i had that russian that would only eat ice berg. yes it was supplemented but do you see where i am going with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom