mealworm beetle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missmissy

So i have had my mealworms turn into beetles, i put one in the tank to see if fancy would eat it and yup! IT WAS GONE! SHe loved that she had to chase it! Is it ok to feed these to her sparingly ??

mafoo

well im no expert but i know mealworms have a hard chitin shell that can cause impaction when u feed mealworms, so the beetles will be much worse on the dragon. high risk of impaction there and its best that you throw out the mealworms if your feeding them to your dragon since after awhile he can get impacted. bearded dragons like hard shelled beetles alot, even though its not good for him. its like us eating junk food, not good for us but we like it, except this could actualy kill him. anywase stay away from the mealworms and the beetles and switch to crickets since thats better for your dragon. hope this answers your question fully!

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
We definitely do not feed the beetles OR mealworms to our dragons. Too hard of a shell and can cause impaction. Even a slim chance of impaction is too much of a chance for my guys - it isn't worth the risk.

We feed a variety of feeders - crickets, silk worms, hornworms, repti-worms (phoenix worms). Dubia is also pretty awesome if they are legal in your State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom