me and my new beardie lex

Status
Not open for further replies.

talltail

hi to everyone. i'm now a proud new papa of a 1 year old beardie. i have a lot of questions about him.
my first would be about food and feeding. i've had him for 2 days now,lex did not eat much his first day but went crazy today,mainly crickets and some rep cal pellets. are the pellets a good idea? he has not eaten any fruits or veggies i have given him, is this ok? gave him his first bath today but he did not do much, seemed like alot of dirt came off though. how often should i bath him? when he poos what does it look like and how big? thnx for any help and most likely will have more to ask and chat about
how do i upload a pic so you all can see him
ewen and lex
:D

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:wave: Hello & Welcome to BD.org! :D
And.....
:blob8: :blob8: Congratulations on the New Beardie! :blob8: :blob8:

Here's a great link to a nutritional value chart for some beardie foods that you might find helpful if you haven't seen it yet. http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html

I wouldn't worry to much about Lex not eating to much right now as they do go thru a thing we humans call relocation stress. He will probably eat his salads better for you in a week or so, but until then just continue to offer him salad anyway. Pellets are fine to give to your beardies. I use them as a topper on their salads.

I bath my beardies everyday when they are not brumating. An once a week when they are brumating. For about a good 15 to 20 minutes warming up the bath as needed. Most of mine are trained to poop in the bath rather than their viv's.

Their poop looks like a large bird poop. The white part should not be very hard and should be white not greyish, this is the urate portion.

I'm sending you a PM on posting pic's. :wink:

Again Welcome! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom