mbd

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzb912

hey guys

il first start by saying this site is very impressive and i dont know how i never came across it before. Ive been keeping dragons for years now and have never had one with mbd. But today i bought one from craigslist. I wanted to see them before i bought them so i drove about an hour or two to get them. When i arrrived i saw 2 twenty gallon tanks. one with 2 bearded dragons a full grown and a juvinile. the second tank with just one sub adult with a missing leg. I cam there expecting to see healthy dragons. But the tanks were horrible. they were being kept on dry wallnut, fecal matter everywhere, and no uvb. i came there expecting to buy all 3. but i was then told one did not have a leg and did not look like he was going to make it. the lady also told me that she didnt want to sell the adult which was the main thing i drove 2 hours for :angry5: . so i came home with a juvinile. since he had never had uvb in his life he was only 11 inches and over a year old. hes got a small almost unnoticable bump on his back. and since he hasnt grown im thinking these are signs of mbd.he was only fed crix on ocasion. and had a staple of apples and pelets. and it looked as if he only had a 75 watt fixture which was shared between the adult and the juvinile i purchased. so the heat wasnt acurate either. i was wondering if there is anyways i can fix this hump? and if there are any chances of him growing to his full potential?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Id say get the Reptisun 10.0 uvb light on him asap!!!! And heat! And calcium with D3 in him!! And a trip to the vet! Vets can give him injections of calcium to help further and jump start the process!! As far as the lump I could not tell you! Please provide us with some pictures! Maby we can help you a little more! And start him on veggies! Just my 2 cents!

Lance

dzb912

Original Poster
yup, im a step ahead of the game lol
took em this morning
last night i fed him some crix
and ive never seen a bearded this desprit for em
any thing else you guys think i shud do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom