MBD Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nullith

My bearded dragon, Dino, is about 5 years old. A few months ago the vet diagnosed him with MBD and since then he's been given a slurry of vegetables with calcium powder and dubias roaches, given to him twice a day by syringe. He also gets, usually daily, warm baths for about 30 minutes. He hasn't shown any signs of getting better, only worse, and I was wondering if there's anything else I could do, I don't want him in any pain.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The UVB is critical what are you using? Brand and bulb and where in the tank ? NO COILS!!

Nullith

Original Poster
KarrieRee":19afn8w9 said:
The UVB is critical what are you using? Brand and bulb and where in the tank ? NO COILS!!
It's a ZooMed t5 tube bulb, hanging on the inside of his tank and is long enough to cover almost the entire length. Changed every 6 months, last time changed was June.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would get it to 12 inches directly above the basking decor-- other than that I am not sure much more - the vet tech mod on here can maybe help more drache613 / Tracie is her name

Nullith

Original Poster
KarrieRee":22cpphaw said:
I would get it to 12 inches directly above the basking decor-- other than that I am not sure much more - the vet tech mod on here can maybe help more drache613 / Tracie is her name
As much as I hate to say it, I was thinking about seeing the vet to check him out and determine if he should be put down. I love him to pieces and I can see he's in pain, he can barely even move :(.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That is terrible I am so sorry to hear this ----- you can PM Drache613 and ask her --- she could help you out and give you advice on what to do w/ him --- I hate to hear hes in pain :( -- find one of her post click on her name and it will take you to her profile - look on left side of page PM --- again I am sorry and to hear about this breaks my heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom