MBD Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nullith

My bearded dragon, Dino, is about 5 years old. A few months ago the vet diagnosed him with MBD and since then he's been given a slurry of vegetables with calcium powder and dubias roaches, given to him twice a day by syringe. He also gets, usually daily, warm baths for about 30 minutes. He hasn't shown any signs of getting better, only worse, and I was wondering if there's anything else I could do, I don't want him in any pain.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The UVB is critical what are you using? Brand and bulb and where in the tank ? NO COILS!!

Nullith

Original Poster
KarrieRee":19afn8w9 said:
The UVB is critical what are you using? Brand and bulb and where in the tank ? NO COILS!!
It's a ZooMed t5 tube bulb, hanging on the inside of his tank and is long enough to cover almost the entire length. Changed every 6 months, last time changed was June.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would get it to 12 inches directly above the basking decor-- other than that I am not sure much more - the vet tech mod on here can maybe help more drache613 / Tracie is her name

Nullith

Original Poster
KarrieRee":22cpphaw said:
I would get it to 12 inches directly above the basking decor-- other than that I am not sure much more - the vet tech mod on here can maybe help more drache613 / Tracie is her name
As much as I hate to say it, I was thinking about seeing the vet to check him out and determine if he should be put down. I love him to pieces and I can see he's in pain, he can barely even move :(.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That is terrible I am so sorry to hear this ----- you can PM Drache613 and ask her --- she could help you out and give you advice on what to do w/ him --- I hate to hear hes in pain :( -- find one of her post click on her name and it will take you to her profile - look on left side of page PM --- again I am sorry and to hear about this breaks my heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom