maxwell:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
im not new been here for about a year id say but i have never got photobucket to work on here till tonight and i love it!! be ready for tons of pictures! here is maxwell climbing my yard fence last year he was soo funny[[
539635_501068386576768_469210352_n.jpg
/img]

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
So cute! :p

traceyb73":2gg85fga said:
Oh my god, that is the cutest picture!! He actually climbs it? lol

Yeah, beardies are partially arboreal. That means they don't live in trees, but they can climb them if they have to. And they do it for fun. :wink:

Blakeybutt

Hatchling Member
I love it! I want to take my girl out for a walk.. I think she would thoroughly enjoy the REAL sun and the fresh air. Great picture. He looks awesome :D

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
TheWerewolf":1budhq14 said:
So cute! :p

traceyb73":1budhq14 said:
Oh my god, that is the cutest picture!! He actually climbs it? lol

Yeah, beardies are partially arboreal. That means they don't live in trees, but they can climb them if they have to. And they do it for fun. :wink:
I know the CAN, I was wondering if HE does. :)

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
oh yes he loved that fence soo much lol i moved from there a few months ago and now he likes to cimb my stairs and the tree in the yard he dont get very far but man he sure tries i think the bark is too slippery

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Aww, that is so cute. I can't wait until Zoey is old enough to put a real harness on her and let her wander around. We have a couple of cherry trees that are about 15 feet high, but I can reach alot of the branches. I just worry that she can get some sort of parasites from being outside? Any problems with your little man in that department?

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no max has never had a parasite in his life i watch what he does outside and what he eats he mainly goes for these clover plants and just eats them to almos stubs daily. but theres his daily veggie my vet is actually amazed he dont have parasites because every other bearded dragon shes seen n my area is usually loaded with parasites..but max is not i make sure i dont change his diet and i always get his worms from the same place im gonna make a thread of his adventures he likes the pictures and any attention he gets

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
You are SO lucky!! I've had mine for 3 weeks, had a fecal done before she left the breeder, negative on everything and now with the pooping issues we are having, everyone seems to think it's parasites. :angry5: I've been trying to figure out where I can get crickets that aren't going to make her sick. :(

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hmm are youy currently getting them from petco or petsmart..i heard they are known for having parasites and they are expensive my locla pet store that i trust atlantis dont have parasites and they sell crickets for 5 cents a piece ya i have had max for 2 years now and hes never had parasites and i even give him raw hamburger as a treat wich he loves!! i get lucky and max hates crickets hes too lazy to eat them so i dont have to deal with them yay because i hate those things lol. he just eats his 5 supers a day and some veggies he was on 10 but the vet said since they are soo fatty that he dont need 10 a day lol poor guy last appointment he gained 100 grams in 2 months the vet was amazed but promised me if i can feel the top of his tail bone hes not to fat lol

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
We were using Petco, but they are .14 cents a cricket!! The one by us only has small and large and the small is either really tiny or mediums, but they always have very small ones mixed in and very large too. Not to mention for that price I would expect them to be able to sing and dance. They don't.

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no kidding ya petco is famous for parasites. my vet told me to avoid them like the plague because they are parasite ridden i used to get maxs supers there but was paying 500 for 50 and 30 would be dead and black when i got home so i switched to my other local place and i get 40 for two bucks which lasts max 8 days

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
I'm starting to wonder if I should (and could) just buy wormer and be done with it. Any idea if BD.co sells it? I wonder if it has to be for a specific parasite or if there is just "wormer". Her poop is stinking to high heaven. My husband walked in the house last night after work and was running around trying to figure out where the smell was coming from. Any guesses as to where that was? :(

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
im not positive i think parasites are different than worms in general so to be sure i would pm drache13 and she will be able to help you on this shes very knowledgable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom