Massive digestive issue/mood change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ozzy's been fine for a while, nothing wrong, and suddenly one day after feeding him phoenix worms (which is not new, he'd been eating them for a few months) he started pooping out undigested one, and even one that was still alive :shock: i didn't know what to do, because he'd never had a problem before but I figured I'd feed him only crickets for a while and see if he got better - and he mostly did, but his schedule seemed to have gotten messed up, because one morning I found him practically sleeping in a pile of his watery poop :puke: after that, his system seemed to clear itself out because he went nearly back to normal.
Today, because of our family's schedule, we were forced to turn on his lights a couple hours earlier than usual. and then when I got home, i moved him off his rock so I could clean it and he *hissed at me*! he's never done this before, and his beard was all puffed up. at first I thought he was just acting up because he'd finally figured out how to fully puff his beard (I heard they do this?) but even when he couldn't see me at all, he still did it and made a breathing noise with it (I don't know if i want to call it a hiss or what..). He *is* shedding a bit on his leg (which is surprising actually since he shed his entire body not too long ago) - thought I should add that just in case! Then just now I went to feed him crickets and was intending to try some worms again, but when I put them in his cage, he wasn't interested at all! I have no idea what is wrong and I'm a worried mama D: please help!

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
I think the change in schedule probably made him grumpy. I wouldn't worry too much about one day, plus the shedding may be aggravating him and putting him off his food. See how he does tomorrow when his schedule is normal, and report back! You should consider getting a timer so that his lights go on at the same time every day, even if you aren't there to turn them on at that time.

As for the live pooped pheonix worms... Max did this, too. He liked them alot, and was more inhaling than chewing them. :lol: Although I hear it is nothing to really worry about if it happens a couple times, I stopped using PWs after he did this three days in a row. Now I feed him dubia, crickets, hornworms when I get them, and superworms (he finally broke 16 inches haha). I just didn't want him to eat a poop covered worm while I was at work, so I decided it was time to stop using them all together. But it shouldn't cause a problem either way for your Ozzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom