Malygos, the Spellweaver *Feeding video 10/17*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
I got my little Malygos 3 weeks ago and figured I would post some cute baby pictures.

Edit: Changed the title since I'll keep all of his pictures in here. He's gotten quite a bit bigger since his first day.

Malygos.jpg

First day home with Malygos. He's obviously grown when I look at him now and back at this picture.

malygos3.jpg

Sometime during the first week, I snapped this while he was hanging out behind his branch. He packed on quite a few pounds in that amount of time, judging from that belly.

0601012212.jpg

His first "out of the cage" hang out with me. He refused to go back in his tank after a bath and sat around, watching the cursor on the laptop screen.

0606010612.jpg

This is some serious upper body strength or he's got an iron tail. You can't see it from the picture but both feet are dangling in mid-air while his tail rests on the plant. (I need to clean the glass some. It got all spotty from misting.)

0610011554.jpg

I have no idea what he's doing with his tail. He was doing that on his own when I walked into the room.

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay, I just did a temporary set up of the new tank (I'm missing a couple things but I just bought the tank a couple days ago and haven't gotten around to everything just yet.) so I took a couple pictures. It turned out to be more of a "Where's Waldo?" shoot than cute dragon pictures though. See if you can spot him in both full-tank shots. :wink:

malytank2.jpg

I just put him in and he was licking everything while he wandered around.

malytank.jpg

Malygos started towards his branch in this one so he's a bit easier to find.

imonabranch.jpg

Cheesing for the camera and traveling the branch highway.

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Just a couple more pictures! He's been shedding like crazy (I woke up one morning and he had tons of shed stuck on his front end and back end and looked like his middle had exploded like a cartoon dynamite stick!) so he's been getting frequent baths, which he hates. I put these on my Facebook will quotes from in-game Malygos (it's a dragon boss in World of Warcraft) and they're just funny.

0613011724.jpg

"I give you one chance. Pledge fealty to me, and perhaps I won't slaughter you for your insolence!" (Bath time!)

0613011727.jpg

"My patience has reached its limit, I will be rid of you!" (I was keeping my hand in the bath so he could climb out/grab onto something while in there. I've since rolled up a wash cloth and made a little beardie spa. He puffed himself up as big as possible and scrambled out of his bath, glaring at me.)

Edit: Took a few more today since he was feeling friendly after his bath (still shedding but mostly done).

0616011613b.jpg

He's got a bit of shed on the top of his head but he doesn't like me "helping" him with it.

0616011613a.jpg

Nice close up of his back to show his pattern/colors. He seems a shade lighter since his shed.

0616011708.jpg

First attempt at a burrito but it ended up more like a sandwich. He stayed in there for about 10 minutes so it was a decent success since he usually bolts while you're trying to put it over him.

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
annieoakley123":18clqbpg said:
Aw wat a cute guy! Where did yu get him from? How old is he now?

Thank you! :D He's about two/two and a half months old now and I got him at the Steel City Reptile Expo from Dragon Fortress (http://www.dragonfortress.com/). He is quite a little character. I caught him watching me at my desk once and the moment I turned to look at him, he quickly looked away as if to say, "I wasn't watching you, I was staring at the wall, silly." I can't wait till he starts getting his adult colors and I find out what he's going to look like. :D

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Haha, he's so cute! :love5: What an adorable dragon, and a real character it seems :D

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Atrax: Thank you! :love5: He always seems to be doing something silly but I either can't get a good picture of it or it's so brief that I can't grab my camera in time. He was waving at a cricket this morning (and scared of his new dubias).

Slave2Scarlett: Thank you! Your dragon is so beautiful. I would be happy if Malygos grows up to be half as pretty as Scarlett. :love5:

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
A few new ones today. His new light+fixture doesn't work so we went outside, which he HATED. I've never seen him like this before, even the first day I got him.

0616011844.jpg

This is where he sleeps. It's a little grainy since I had to take it at night and he woke up just to give me an "I'm sleeping" look. (Yes, he sleeps on a tiny stick. He's a weirdo.)

0617011233.jpg

He thinks he's a gecko and was climbing his fake plant this morning.

0617011422.jpg

As you can see by him turning nearly jet black, he HATED going outside. I put the towel in so he wouldn't have to stand on the plastic.

0617011428.jpg

He calmed down a little but still had stress marks and kept giving me the eye. (I gave him a few little pieces of Hen and Chicken plant to explore, he was too cranky to even notice it though.)

0617011429.jpg

Hiding in the corner from the scary sun and light breeze. He spent the next few minutes glass dancing and I felt so bad that we came inside a little early.

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Prouddragonmama":34qb1shg said:
Awe he's so tiny!! What a lil cutie!! :mrgreen: mine hated going outside too actuly still does lol

Aw, thank you! :D He is pretty tiny but he's about double the size of when I first got him. I can't believe he was even tinier when I look at the picture of his first day. He's getting even fatter since he's decided that he loves dubias and snaps up 15 in one feeding. Do they always hate going outside if they do originally or is there a way to get him to warm up to it? I'd really like to take him outside and places with me when he's old enough for a harness.

Prouddragonmama

Juvie Member
Hmmm I don't know I see all these pics or BD just sitting in the sun all happy! I think i got the only BD that's as stubborn as my kids lol 3 months I have been trying to get him to be ok outside doesn't matter if he's in my hand or carrier he flips out! Beard gets huge mouth wide open scared the witts outta me first time I saw him do that now it's just norm!! Oh mr stubborn also hates baths of course!!

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
More cute pictures. I've been working more recently so I haven't been taking as many. He's getting big!

0620011856.jpg

Cheesing for the camera at night.

0623011346.jpg

First "I want out!" glass dancing. I think he was mad that there was a poop in his tank.

0623011354.jpg

Looking at his fat little belly. He loves to hang out on my fingers and pancake. He gets such nice colors when I hold him then he escapes!

0623011356.jpg

More pancake belly and happy colors. He's giving me a little look, wondering why I am taking so many pictures.

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Between one and two inches but I think he's gained the most in his body, width-wise. :lol: He seems to chub up then grow. I'm starting to see just a tiny bit of neck/chin puffing but he's still a "peach fuzz" dragon and doesn't have any beard to speak of. He seems calmest when I have him on my finger like that. He's got a thin branch that runs the length of the tank that he uses to bask on one side then sleep on the other. I NEED to take pictures of him sleeping. He sleeps in the most uncomfortable looking way every single night; he clings to the thinnest part of the branch, nearly vertical, and stretches his back legs out completely so he looks like a stick. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom