Male or female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowball0807

Hatchling Member
She/he is about 12 inches now.. I thought it was time I got a second opinion. The pictures aren't the greatest, but here they are.
dd96d388.jpg

50004d14.jpg

f67b88bd.jpg

(hopefully they post, I'm on my phone). I'm leaning towards male, what do you guys think?
Thanks!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Looks male to me, but there is some weird shadowing going on. Can you get a picture without so much light and shadows lol :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that is my only problem, the lighting is kinda weird and it can go either way because of the lighting.

-Brandon

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
I did a lighting level adjustment with photoshop:

beardie1.jpg

I think bumps are more clearly evident:

beardie2.jpg

The light source (flash maybe) is clearly from the top, hopefully my illustration is clear:

beardie3.jpg

EDIT: If it was only one lump, you would only see one 'circle' of light, not 2 clearly lit areas separated by an area of lesser light.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That picture is a female that you linked to, but this one isn't. The female you showed, doesn't have the two buldges at the base of the tail like this one does. Females don't have the buldges, males do.

-Brandon

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah but to me it looks as tho she/he has the bump in the middle. Like the one in the pic, thats why it looks female to me. I'm probably wrong but I thought I'd add my input anyway :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom