male never beards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipsyTraveler

Hatchling Member
I just realized a today that my male bearded dragon who is an adult, (almost 2years) never beards at me or anything for that matter. Not the cat, not the fan, not me ever. ive never seen him beard beside one time when he yawned in the morning and it was just a small one that wasnt black. Instead of showing that he is the bigger dragon to his "predators" (example the ceiling fan which he hates) he just turns dark and hides/runs. Isnt it in their nature to stand their ground and show the predators who is boss?

Also, some background info on him is that i saved him from a viv where he was paired with another male beardie his age who was constantly black bearding and attacked him causing him to lose his foot and tip of his tail. From what i saw the few days they were together he never waved or bearded back. he just sat on the cool side away from the food and basking spot (the other dragon attacked him if he got near them) not black or dark at all. just sitting there normal-like. They were quickly seperated and the "aggressive" ended up being sold to a friend of mine.

So im curious, why doesnt he beard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom