Male beardie acting strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Ok so my male beardie has been acting strange latey. It all started about a month or two ago. At first he was hidding all the time and not eatting much at all but I though he might be going through a mild brumation. Now he is over his hidding gig and he is eating more than he was but he is doing something else.

I also have what I believe to be a female dragon who is about 15" big and about 5-6 months old. I have a curtain up so they cant see eat other. Now everytime I go behind the curtain to do something with my female my male goes nuts! his beard goes all black and he starts head bobbing and running into the glass like a crazy person. If he gets really worked up he adds in a hand slap with everything else.

I am a little concerned because when he gets like this he wont even eat is worms. I tried to give him a horn worm which is his favorit and he wont touch it.

He hasnt lost any weight that I can see, but I dont want him to be all stressed out! :(

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Since this is the breeding season, he is all worked up. Would there be any way that you could move their tanks further apart? Even though he can't see her, he can hear her & smell her.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Did he just come out of brumation? How old is he?

Your female is at the puberty stage which certainly isn't helping either.

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome to the joys of owning a male and a female.

This is how i feel sometimes :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

LOL!

Dragons. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom