Major diet concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Je6pack

Got my baby beardie 6 weeks ago. Cage is 65 gal. 2-2' UV lights, 1 heat lamp, temps are 74 inside cooling cave, general temp of 80 and basking spot at 102. He has only gained 2 grams and hasn't grown in length at all. He was eating 12-20 crickets a day and drinking water from a spray bottle 1-2 times a day. He completely refuses fruits, veggies and greens. He took a turn for worse last week. He didn't eat anything for 4 days and stopped drinking on day 4, was very lethargic and sickly looking. Force feed him very little chicken baby food on day 5. Day 6 he ate 1 cricket and starting drinking again but day 7 wouldn't eat again. So I decided to try mealworms which he loved. Now he will only eat mealworms and will not touch anything dusted with vitamins. I've tried dusting different fruit and veggies and greens but he will only eat the undusted mealworms. So he is now on day ten with no vitamins. I seriously concerned.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Sorry He's having issues. How are you taking the temps? Also what kinds of uvb light does he have? Coil/compat or tube? Brand? Nix those mealworms. He will become impacted. Babies do not eat greens very often. Just offer every day. Also he needs his feeders dusted with calcium 5x a week and 2x a week for vitamins. I'd do some soft worms like silk or Phoenix worms.

Hello, I hope your beardie feels better. Try using a pipette to drop water on his snout and he should lick it off. If he is not eating, try Repta-boost. If that doesn't work, I would buy critical care. Both help boost their appetite and energy levels pretty quickly. For weight gain, I would try wax worms. Beardies like BSFL (Black soldier fly larva) as well. Also, can you give a runover over your tank?
Tank size:
Substrate:
Basking bulb:
UVB (Mercury vapor, Fluorescent, CFL):
Temperatures(Ambient and basking):
----About your beardie----
Diet(Veggie type/amount & protein type/amount):
Do you dust your protein and veggies? Yes/no:
How frequently do you feed your beardie:
Do you give him a vitamin supplement every week? Yes/no:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom