Zsa Zsa day 1 and 6 weeks later comparison

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The first pic is the day I picked her up at FedEx April 16th the 2nd is this morning.
It's stunning how fast they grow. She doesn't hardly have the hatching face any more, her head is already becoming triangular, and her nose has started to elongate.
If you notice, I'm still holding her tail to take the picture. She is still very SPICEY. I can feed her (she eats from my hand without being a bit bashful and will climb right into my hand for a hornworm), I can clean her habitat, I can clean the poop up, ect without her even moving. She just watches with a HUGE amount of curiosity. The instant I try to hold her she turns into a hybrid of the Tasmanian Devil and Speedy Gonzalez lmao 🤣

Attachments

• 20240416_102724.jpg
    20240416_102724.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20240527_064011.jpg
    20240527_064011.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 35

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thank you for sharing! :)
Indeed, the second one looks already like "typical beardie, but in small" :D
I love those comparison photos.
Regarding holding her: My Taco was not different. I had a thumb on his back for a (very) long time...
I can't hold her like that, I'd have to squeeze to hard because she trys and does wiggle loose, but her tail just a tiny bit of pressure keeps her still.

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
@xp29
It' the better option then indeed :)
(For Taco using the thumb was fine as he didn't try to escape with a wiggling motion. He more tried to jump off after a while for exploring and at a certain size I just felt he's too small for that (400+ g dragon going exploring while I'm supervising is fine, but lizardlike small creature that easily fits into something is no-no) - with the thumb he didn't do so or if he started I could easily feel it and stop him by gently putting all my palm around his back.)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The first pic is the day I picked her up at FedEx April 16th the 2nd is this morning.
It's stunning how fast they grow. She doesn't hardly have the hatching face any more, her head is already becoming triangular, and her nose has started to elongate.
If you notice, I'm still holding her tail to take the picture. She is still very SPICEY. I can feed her (she eats from my hand without being a bit bashful and will climb right into my hand for a hornworm), I can clean her habitat, I can clean the poop up, ect without her even moving. She just watches with a HUGE amount of curiosity. The instant I try to hold her she turns into a hybrid of the Tasmanian Devil and Speedy Gonzalez lmao 🤣
Oh she is spicey you say ? I think I can see the SASSafras in all of her pics.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
@xp29
It' the better option then indeed :)
(For Taco using the thumb was fine as he didn't try to escape with a wiggling motion. He more tried to jump off after a while for exploring and at a certain size I just felt he's too small for that (400+ g dragon going exploring while I'm supervising is fine, but lizardlike small creature that easily fits into something is no-no) - with the thumb he didn't do so or if he started I could easily feel it and stop him by gently putting all my palm around his back.)
Yeah I don't let Zsa Zsa explore yet either. The house I'm in right now is 120 years old. To many sketchy places.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Oh she is spicey you say ? I think I can see the SASSafras in all of her pics.
Of all my dragons she is the only one that ever hissed at me. She gapes, hisses, flares, the whole barrage lol.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I agree with @ChileanTaco, ZsaZsa does look like a small version of an adult dragon. :love:
I can't imagine how this cute little dragon can run away and hiss at you.:)

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Yeah I don't let Zsa Zsa explore yet either. The house I'm in right now is 120 years old. To many sketchy places.
Can imagine that (the one we lived before was also that old, so many cracks and loose something and such). Here it's also that I would fear a small dragon gets behind bookshelves or other heavy furniture that's hard to remove, under something where I would have to use a broom... or even into vents (kitchen has some vents in the walls at floor level that must stay open, not rare in regions with a very warm/ hot climate) and generally that having to catch a dragon might destroy trust. Adult dragon (calmer, less/ not fearful, more to grab, and now much too big he could ever fit into these vents), it's easier.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
How pretty! And personally, I hate anything spicy, except my dragons and cats! The spicier, the better!
I couldn't agree more lol. (Mild food is to spicey for me) but dragons yhe spiceyer the better!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I agree with @ChileanTaco, ZsaZsa does look like a small version of an adult dragon. :love:
I can't imagine how this cute little dragon can run away and hiss at you.:)
Come visit, I guarantee she will demonstrate for ya lmao.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Can imagine that (the one we lived before was also that old, so many cracks and loose something and such). Here it's also that I would fear a small dragon gets behind bookshelves or other heavy furniture that's hard to remove, under something where I would have to use a broom... or even into vents (kitchen has some vents in the walls at floor level that must stay open, not rare in regions with a very warm/ hot climate) and generally that having to catch a dragon might destroy trust. Adult dragon (calmer, less/ not fearful, more to grab, and now much too big he could ever fit into these vents), it's easier.
Yup, exactly 💯

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
That's really awesome. Her colors are so vibrant!
Lilly sends her approval and greetings
IMG_20240528_165910.jpg

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom