Magentas seconed clutch *Hatchling NEW photos pg 43!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Thought Id finally post the photos of my first clutch of the season.

These babies where laid Feb 17 2011,

They are incubating at 84.1 *f and a humidity of 85%

(Ignore the readings on the temps on the photos, it changed when I opened the lid to get the photos, and to add more water to the bottom of the incubator)
100_1411.jpg

100_1410.jpg

100_1409.jpg

The father is a Pastel, and the mother is a Tiger possible hypo mix.

100_1229.jpg

100_1230.jpg

^Mother

100_1204.jpg

100_1207.jpg

^Father.

Its been 41 ( 3-29-11) days since they have been laid, and I'm itching for them to hatch, this is her first clutch that I have incubated, so I'm hoping all of them hatch well.

Oh you may not be able to notice but I'm using this nifty little thing I found online to help Incubate eggs.

http://www.yourgeckoguy.com/?page=geo

Its for leopard gecko eggs, but it works good with bearded dragon eggs to.. Granted you cant put the lid on since the eggs are a bit to big. But so far it works wonderfully.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Just thought Id post some more photos ..

Some of the eggs I'm worried about,

Do they look normal.. They started out pure white and now look like this.. They are still nice and firm though..

100_1418.jpg

100_1419.jpg

100_1420.jpg

100_1421.jpg

100_1422.jpg

100_1423.jpg

100_1424.jpg

100_1431.jpg

100_1432.jpg

jharris08

Juvie Member
i hate to tell you, but no your eggs do not look normal...like you said they started out white and should stay white until they hatch.
cant say for sure whats goin on, but looks like some type of fungus or mold has got them...does it smell bad when you open the incubator up?
the eggs shouldnt look like they are wet in places either...if you have more eggs, you need to have them in a incubating medium also... (hatchrite) is a good product...it holds in moisture and has some anti-fungal properties in it...this is probably another reason they have not made it.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
There is no smell. They are still firm and plump. There's no mold or anything. There where orginaly kept in repti soil for a week till the incubation holders came. I'm thinking they might just be stained? Also when I candle light them I still see blood veins all over. I won't toss them out untill they fully colaspes and mold over. Hopefully that will not happen.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
TheWolfmanTom":1l4m977s said:
The soil can stain.
So if there is no funk let it ride.

So I candle lite the smallest one today, the one I was most worried about.. I saw a little baby foot twitch! Im so happy.

I did candle lite some of the others and saw some little tails.

They are still nice and plump, no denting, no smell, nothing bad so far.

Guess the dirt really did stain the eggs a weird color.

Its now been 43 days

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
TheWolfmanTom":2y5wf323 said:
Check your humidity and stop messing....lol
Your 15 to 20 days out.
Humidity is the same as always. I didn't pick any of the little eggies up : ) but I'm takeing your advice and just watching from the out side of the incubater

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sassyglizzard":21bedpch said:
You need to update this! And tell us when they hatch and how they are and take pics!!! PLEASE! :D

Its been 56 days.. When I hold the flash light up to the side of the container they are sitting in, I see little tails and other random body parts move around like crazy.. I cant wait for them to hatch.. I was really hoping they would hatch today since its my 21 bday.. But no such luck :( Ill just have to keep waiting and hope they hatch soon.. Well I did have one thing hatch.. But I dont really count silk worms as exciting and stuff.

Dont worry about photos.. There will be millions of them once they hatch

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
Happy birthday to you then :)

I am so excited for you. I can just imagine the feeling when you see those little things moving inside.

I am already that excited and my dragons just mated lol :)

Gratz do you!

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
At this rate the silk worms might out grown them, and have to be feed to someone else! hahah

My inner mad scientist is ticking and itching to open one up and see whats going on inside the egg.

Granted I would NEVER Do this no matter how much I wanted to.. Unless I knew the egg was dead Id Never open on up

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
ohh soo exciting we hatched chickens and it was so fun to candle the eggs and see little feet moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom