Lump in chest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonesMommy1011

Hatchling Member
Okay, so I rescued Blaze on Wednesday. You could tell he wasn't properly cared for. Anyways I picked him up this morning and I felt a lump in his chest. He hasn't really perked up yet. Here's his new set up:
40 gal breeder.
Basking temps: 99-100. Taken with temp gun
Cool side: 80s
UVB: reptisun 10.0 tube mounted inside tank where he can get like 8 in if he wants. Previous owners had a coil and who knew how old that was.
Substate: paper towels.
he does look dehydrated but I don't want to keep stressing him out with All the handling as he just got here wednesday. :( I want to help this poor guy.
Previous owner said he was probably a year or so old. He's dark and rough and he looks pitiful. I'd post pics but I can't get a good one with my phone and thats all I have.
I fed him 5 large crux the night I brought him home and he ate and yesterday about 10 large crix and a salad that he didn't touch and I just tried feeding him now and he ate one. No poops. Had a urate with very very very little poo yesterday! Help me help him!!!!

Gail

BD.org Addict
You really need to get him hydrated. If he isn't properly hydrated, his organs won't work properly. Give him a bath and see if he will drink, if not then try offering water by hand with a eyedropper or needless syringe.
I don't know what to tell you about the lump. Does it feel like its just under the skin or is it deeper?

Jenna8359

Hatchling Member
Hey,
Poor little guy he seems like he is really dehydrated. Soak him in Pedialyte. I like to make a shallow pan filled with half water half Pedialyte. My dragons will soak in this and drink the water as well. He can soak in it and will drink it too. Hydration is your first concern. Can you post a picture of him? It would help everyone help you out a lot. Then we can give you more info.

BonesMommy1011

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gave him a soak in the tub today. Enjoyed it. Closed his eyes for about 8 mins. Then freaked so I wrapped him in towel and cuddled a bit and put back in tank. Ate about 14 more crix about 3 hrs ago still no poop:(. When I put him back I felt the bumps again and actually looked. They are his ribs. Is that bad?!?! I will post pics when I get them uploaded to Photobucket. We took some pics together! He's lightened up and is roaming about his home now. Still got some stress marks but they are fading! :blob5: he's beautiful! Really doesn't touch his salad except to throw it around the tank:( Its got blueberries, a raspberry, a strawberry collard and turnip greens.

Jenna8359

Hatchling Member
Sounds great! Well at least you have figured out what the lumps are! If a dragon is underweight, you can sometimes feel the ribs more than on a healthier beardie. Yes, post your pictures ! If your dragon is new to his enclosure or new home, his appetite may not be normal. If he is eating like you say he is, that is good news. Sometimes during this time of year, their metabolism slows down , making them poop less frequently. Or it can be because he needs to be hydrated more in order for him to use the bathroom.

BonesMommy1011

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
PICTURES:
IMG_9462.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_4907.jpg

IMG_3651.jpg

me and blaze!
IMG_7241.jpg

my husband, chad and blaze!
IMG_0393.jpg

Jenna8359

Hatchling Member
He looks very content and happy with his new home. You have the best UVB bulb you can get, so just make sure to dust his crickets everyday with bearded dragon calcium. He needs that everyday along with 12 hours of his UVB light :)

Gail

BD.org Addict
Its normal to feel ribs and he looks to be a good weight. I'd keep up with daily soaks and keep trying greens. Fruit really isn't great for daily feeding, too much can actually encourage yeast to grow in their intestines. Limit fruit to 1-2 times a week, greens the rest of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaineyPoo
Top Bottom