Loving more then one beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
I have two beardies...Louie is my 15 month old girl (bought her as a boy LOL). I am head over heels in love with her. She goes everywhere with me, and is hardly ever in her tank!

I also have baby Mickey. He/She is about 5 months old. I love him too, but I feel so attached to Louie!

I am hoping, in time, to become just as attached to Mickey. He is just to young to really bond with..he doesn't snuggle with me, or ride around on my shoulder like Louie does. I do pet him every time I open up his tank..he runs away a lot. I massage him when he is in the bath. But, he hardly ever just sits in my hand. I am hoping this gets better as he gets older too.

For those of you that have more then one beardie...do you find you have a favorite one? Is it possible to love them all the same? Hope that doesn't sound silly!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I have two, also. They are both close to 2 years old. I love them both as if they were my children. Of course I never had human children of my own so my scaley children have that place in my heart. I love both of them, equally.

CFaucz

Hello,

I have 3 dragons. My first Bailey is my pride and joy he is just about 2 years old. I also have a new babie Chili who is almost 4 inches! I make it a point to take her out every day so she can get used to being handled and running around! I also have a female who I adopted and she is the calmest girl! I love all 3 equaly but Bailey will always be number one in my heart!

rescuebeardies

Hatchling Member
Hi! Well, I have 7 beardies (3 of which are rescues) and I LOVE them all the same. I do give a bit more attention to the rescues because they do need that extra care. They all have their own personalities to which they all put a smile on my face. Aren't beardies great...?LOL
KAREN

PS My dogs are #1

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
We have 4 beardies and love them all. Sweetie was our first beardie, she's now 4 yrs old, we've had her since she was about 4 mo old. So even though we love Rubio, Lonzo and Leo, Sweetie will always be first. We handled them all alot as babies & they all snuggle but Leo, he's too active to settle down to much cuddling. We've only had him since February, but used to babysit him, we adopted him from our next door neighbours on Valentine's day. We had 2 other girls, Issy and Angel, but they both passed away. Issy was our favourite beardie to watch, as she was always really active and loved to climb. Angel was a rescue & we were glad we were able to take care of her for a year before we lost her (kidney problems). We taught her how to cuddle, she'd never been much touched before we got her. We cuddle all our beardies after baths & before bedtime, but Sweetie is the beardie most used to being cuddled, so she gets extra time.

Deb

And no, that wasn't a weird question. I would think your older beardie is now used to doing all the things she does with you. The baby needs some cuddling; when we first got Sweetie I'd wrap her up in a small soft facecloth and settle her on my chest and she's cuddle in and sleep. That's how I got her used to us. Just keep bonding with your little one, h/she will learn quickly that you're nice and warm. You have to give h/her a chance to get to know you better.

Nikki14

Two babies; Buster and Ember. Buster was my first, have had him for over a 1yr 1/2 now and hes a spoiled little boy. He's the one who always wants to spend 24/7 out of his viv just sitting around my room watching me get ready and what not. Ember I will have had for a month today to be exact and when taken out always just want to go back in and be a lazy basker. They are both sooo beautiful and lovalbe!! but buster is my main man i guess you can say :wink:

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
i'm glad i came across this... my new baby will be joining us the end of june and phoenix being my first i figure i will always have a little bit of favoritism... just like my dogs.. i love all of them dearly but my pit mix is my main dog... i'll be keeping up with this.

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
We have 2 beardies,a male and a female. Our female has been with us since December of 2008 and my husband belongs to her.She has chosen him as her person. She will sit with me or our son,but if my husband is home she wants to be with him and he loves her dearly. Gimli our male has been with us since October 2009 and he is my baby,he wants to sit with me and cuddle on my chest. Either dragon is very lovable and will cuddle with anyone of us but each has their favorite person. I love both dragons and am still kinda jealous over Alf and my husband simply because I love her too and would love to cuddle her sometimes,but I respect her wishes (believe me if I try to hold her and she wants Daddy,she will claw her way to him). So I guess you could say I love them equally.

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
I have 3, and one likes to be out and interact, and the other two, who are rescues, don't care for human time at all! Amber, the one who likes company, was also my first, so she'll always have a special place in my heart. I don't love one more than the other, but I like hanging out with Amber more.

I think if most people with more than one child are completely honest, they'll say the same. They love them both infinitely, but one of them they just get along with a little better than the other.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
For those of you that have more then one beardie...do you find you have a favorite one? Is it possible to love them all the same?
I would say you can love them all as much....but I'd not say the same. The bond with each and everyone of them is different.

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Glad to hear what I am feeling is 'normal'! LOL My Lou Lou will always be my special girl. She is why I fell in love with beardies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom