lots of glass dancing, UVB related?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I turned off Papi's bad UVB a month or so ago, haven't had the financial opportunity to buy the new lightbulb and fixture yet. I heard it's okay he goes a while with no UVB and he has both perked up and grown amazingly fast since going off the light. He does spend 30 -60 mins outside every day, as a side note.

But he's digging at the glass SOOO much now. Is this because he's got more energy or is he desperate to get out more? What's happening here????

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
Well its good that he is getting natural sunlight everyday but if you are planning to go any longer without UVB I recommend you take them outside a bit longer everyday.He may be glass dancing for many reasons so its hard to tell just what but lets start with the temps?What are they and how and where are you measuring them?Sometimes if it is too hot in the tank they will glass dance trying to get away from the heat.Also he may be craving more uvb which would also lead to the glass dancing as well.With all that said sometimes they just glass dance for the heck of it.The best thing to do is just make sure you get his enclosure set up as properly as you can and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom