Loss of appetite w/ shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Hello all,

Skipper has been shedding around her beard, mouth and head for a week or so. Since she started, she hasn't been eating much. How long can this/should this loss of appetite go on? She has only eaten a tiny bit of veggies in this time, and a few waxworms every few days. I haven't bought new crickets yet because I don't want them to bother her new skin.

Is it possible that I spoiled her with the waxworms and she is just being picky? I also recently moved her onto tile. Could she be stressed by this?

She is a adult. Not gravid, and not brumating. Temps are the same as they've been for the past 7 years, but humidity is a little bit Lower.

She did lost a toe nail on the 22nd, but it is healing over and not bothering her at all. She is still keen to get out of her cage and run/climb around.

Seeing that she isn't acting any different, at what point should her small apetite become something that I need to bring up with my vet?

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Pardon any spelling/grammar mistakes. I typed this on my phone. I'll reread it on my computer in a bit.

kornel351

Hatchling Member
This is natural my baby Zeus does the same thing when he is shredding he doesn't really eat but after the shred he regains his appetite.I would say just give her a few days to remove the shredding skin and see if she begins to regain her appetite .If she doesnt and there is a dramatic drop in weight then a vet visit is nessary .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom