loose substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

amelia1

my bearded dragon is currently on tile, with a “sand box” with walnut shells in it.(the food dish is on the tile and crickets are unable to get into the box). the walnut shells have lots of dust so i was wondering what other loose substrates there are for bearded dragons.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Walnut shells are toxic to dragons --- you should get rid of it ASAP along w/ coconut soil / fiber -- and your using the loose substrate for a gravid female dragon?
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Normal playsand you can buy at home improvement stores is a good option IMO.
I agree though, walnut shells are about the worst you can do.

-Brandon

amelia1

Original Poster
i took my bearded dragon to the vet a few months ago, turns out it’s a girl. she lives alone but the vet still recommended some place to dig

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is not necessary you can use paper towels cut in strips along w/ soft fleece for the digging - if she is gravid and you want to provide a dig box like in a plastic tote or inside the tank that would be fine but use play sand mixed w/ a soil that has no chemicals added to it- you can get that at your local home improvement store--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom