Loose stool and sleeping a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYDragon

Hatchling Member
So Libby has taken to going to bed early lately. I'm home by 5pm and she is usually in her den asleep. She used to stay up until between 8:30-10:00. Also, she's been pooing everyday (not normal for her). It seems to be quite runny. Of course I think she goes during the day and when I find it after work, its cemented on. But it looks like it was extremely watery this time. I just started her on silkworms, about 5-10 a day depending on the size of them. She also hasn't had much of an appetite and has her eyes closed a lot.

My setup
75g tank
Megaray bulb
101 on basking spot
90ish hot side
80-85 cool side
Mix of Collards, Mustards, Turnip Greens, Butternut Squash and a few blueberries
Silkworms (never dusted)
Superworms (vitamin dusted)
Tile substrate

I'm thinking of switching her to a reptisun. Since the megaray she has her eyes closed a lot, sleeping more and less of an appetite. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Erin

snowdrop

Juvie Member
Hi the first thing i will say is change her UVB, i htink i seem a post on here about megaray being a bad bulb. Reptisun is the best, and change it as soon as you can. You should start noticing a difference.!

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
One way to test is switch it off for a week and see if she gets better! there have been issues with certain batches of megray, what is printed on the bulb??

Also have you had a fecal done? runny stools can be a sign of parasites?

NYDragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She had a fecal a few months ago and nothing was found. Would the silkworms cause her to have runny stools? I'm going to Home Depot or something to price the fixture for the reptisun. Why is lighting so stinkin difficult lol. Hopefully a bulb that has a "clean" history will help her out.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
it difficult, there is so much out there that is good for one species, but not another!

Im sure the fixture is about 25, and you can get the bulb for 20 from www.petmountain.com !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaineyPoo
Top Bottom