Looking for an enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Hey guys I'm looking for an enclosure for Elijah, he is in a 10 gal now and it's really getting too small for him. I want to go ahead and get a tank that he can be in even as an adult. I've been trying to keep an eye out on Craig's list and Ebay for stuff, Petsmart and Petco are WAY expensive for just the tank and I'm going to need more light fixtures too!! So if anyone knows of anything or they are planning to sell an enclosure hit me up on this post! Thanks! :D

aaa...yea kinda far from CT, cause i've got a 75 gallon tank that is just taking up space and collecting dust that i would gave to ya for cheap cheap lol

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
LOL! Yeah we might just be stretching it a bit! Thanks for the offer though! :D I'm gonna keep hunting though!

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
For adults, I recommend at least a 4x2. They're fairly easy to build yourself, if you might be interested. I found this article very helpful.
http://www.freewebs.com/crossfireenclosures/

If you're looking to buy a 4x2, things may get a bit pricey, unless you can find something locally. If you're looking for a wood enclosure, Custom Cages makes some gorgeous ones, but they're ridiculously expensive. Acrylic PVC cages are generally cheaper. I personally recommend Animal Plastics cages! Boaphiles are also great.

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, my husband will probably get a kick out of buiding an enclosure! Elijah sure is growning fast so we will have to do it soon, he has shed at least once a month since I've gotten him!!!! He is going through another one now! Thanks again and I'll post pics of whatever we end up with for Elijah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom