Looking for advice r/t vacation w/out dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
We are going on vacation in July and originally I was going to take Boodah w/us but w/the addition of Crush to our family, I don't think it's going to be possible. I only have one tank to travel w/ and would need to purchase an entire additional set up. I can board them at our vets while gone ($40/day for both) but I'm not sure if this is the best for them. I do have a family member who could stay at my house with them but he's a little afraid and I am worried they won't get everything they need.

So I am wondering what u guys do w/ur beardies for vacation. I am open to any and all ideas. I know no one will spoil them the way I do but I want them to be well taken care of. If I could figure out a way to take them, I would love to but I'm doubting if this is possible. We are travelling seven hours by car. Thanks for ur input!

spyder79

Extreme Poster
spikerocks":ejhbcn35 said:
Tom, ur the best. I will let u know what happens and would, of course, pay u!
Yeah I would not suggest a vet either. Is there a good pet sitter in your area? (PS my wife is from Media lol you probably know her father Bob Ewing, he is a attorney there in Media, well one of the like few thousand that live there lol).

I typically have a pet sitter come in once a day for feeding and poop cleanup detail. Costs me 15 bux a visit and she is great. Hopefully you can find a pet sitter up that way thats not creeped out by reptiles. Or Tom lol. Tom is great and I am sure your animals would do quite well with him. Good luck either way.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OMG, that is too funny that ur wife is from Media. And yeah, this is definitely the city of lawyers (and banks-there is a bank on every corner!!!).

My uncle may come and stay at my house while we are gone but I don't think he's too fond of my dragons. I am going to keep checking around and see what I can find but it's nice to know that I have Tom as a back-up if all else fails.

Next Wednesday I am going to the Philly zoo to meet the docent who is in charge of the reptile house. Maybe something will come from that meeting.

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
where would you be going? would you be able to take them? I found this easy no tools screen viv, you can get as big as you would liek... the 65 gallon is i think 30.00... you could get two, get thier lights (yes the screen is safe for the lights) and they could go with you... as far as travel with both of them, you could also invest in those small pet carriers, like the ones for ferrets.... just an idea if you wanted to take them along

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom