Looking for a beardie carrier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
I've heard somewhere that you can get some nice carriers for your scaley friend? I kind of want to make my baby girl an educational animal. So having her not only used to riding in vehicles, but being comfortable and happy whole doing would make me feel better.

So i wonder what you gius wpuld recommend and where to get them?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Nuke22":1rxce2ns said:
Did you get the small sized one?
I would suggest the small one because it would be easier to handle, easier to keep warm and, you don't want your dragon to stress out, cozy is best.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
NinaAmbroshia":11grdkr1 said:
So get a small version of that carrier? I saw im the link theu were dispkaying a large?
Yes, but on the right side there is a tab to show smaller version.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have the large size and it's good for an adult dragon. Small may be appropriate for a young dragon.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
You can also use a cooler with little holes drilled in the lid for air. You put a hot water bottle wrapped up in some towels in it and it becomes a "warmer" instead of a cooler. :wink: This is an especially good option if you live where it's usually too cold to take your beardie outside. That's how my husband and I carry our reptiles around when we need to take them someplace here in Alaska, especially in the winter.

BTW, we hadn't thought of this option yet when we brought our beardie home from the rescue early in the "spring" (there was still snow all over the ground) a few years ago. They told us he'd be too cold in the carrier we had, and they talked me into bringing him home tucked under my coat. We did ok, but it was a short trip.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
^^ thanks fpr all the help everyone, sorry if i don't post often. Not the best with words and often don't know what to say.

However thanks for all her advice and the pictures and links to things that will be helpful. I appreciate it more than i can find words to express.

Also SHBailey, love the idea may try it for winter time when it gets down in the 30s and 40s, but we don't often get snpw that actually sticks to the ground.

The size looks like i will need to do some serious debating with.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
76248-4426191612.jpg

76248-6429471564.jpg

Not as good of a photo for comparison's sake (I can take some if it will help you) but this is an adult in the large version.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Looks like maybe you take your beardie camping with you?

Probably a good way for both of you to get some nice natural sunlight once in a while. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom